Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 188 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

33 minutes ago, mayevora said:

Oooh Carbon Fibre - Today’s postage delivery

Did it get to you safely then, its come along way. When are you fitting it then..

• Gold FFM

It arrived and I’ve taken straight to James at South West Lotus and left the Evora with him for a few jobs. He’s going to paint the uprights on the wing body colour and put a nice big white LOTUS decal on the wing and also Union Jack endplates and fit the brake light.

I’ve also asked him to remove the steering wheel and send it off to be recovered in alcantara with red stitching- the same as the rest of the inside of the car.

Probably won’t see it until January now but no hardship this time of year.

😊

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

That island looks like it’s been Photoshopped in.

He's still got to paint the other cupboards to match it. No rest for the wicked and he's been very wicked I bet!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

That island looks like it’s been Photoshopped in.

Wish I knew what that meant

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
On 10/12/2020 at 20:44, Sparky said:

The circle of life.  Fabrizio Giugiaro has bought the white S1 at Stocks, but when he came to check it over he didn't like the way the carbs were performing, so I went in to sort them out.  So, I work on a lovely example of my childhood dream car and it ends up in the museum in Turin.  It's nothing really, I know, but I'm pretty made up about it actually.  😁

image.png

image.png

@Sparky " nothing really"  that's an understatement...What a buzz you must have had, wow !

I hope put your name on a post it note and shoved it under the drivers seat for future generations to find  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornsey Boy said:

@Sparky " nothing really"  that's an understatement...What a buzz you must have had, wow !

I hope put your name on a post it note and shoved it under the drivers seat for future generations to find  :)

It's usually an item of clothing.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

It's usually an item of clothing.

But never mine.

2 hours ago, Hornsey Boy said:

I hope put your name on a post it note and shoved it under the drivers seat for future generations to find

Didn't even get a decent pic!  Fabrizio did ask for a video of it being throttled up after the work, so my grubby mitt enjoyed its 15 seconds of fame.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Was going to post this in the "what made you unhappy", but now it is here.

Last weekend (5/12), was warming up for the first hockey match since the (stupid) lockdown. @thebartman - you playing yet?

Hit a ball - and an acute pain in my lower back. Hobbled off, and played 10mins first half, 10 mins 2nd. Absolute agony during the week. Took 5 minutes to get out of bed, transition between sitting and standing was really painful.

Doctor on Wednesday said possibly slipped disk or sciatica. Have been on ibuprofen and prescribed painkillers for the week.

Yesterday, watched my son play hockey in the cold and rain. My back started to feel fine, and this morning could get of bed with very little difficulty. Still got pain in the back, but compared with a week ago - tis nothing :)

Umpired two hockey matches today, with no problem :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Ouch, @ChrisJ,

I played 1st game in 7 weeks yesterday, now walking round like a bloody cripple. Achilles hurt, Hamstrings hurt, glutes' hurt and I had a golf lesson at 09:30 this morning that went down the tubes .... - was accused of not putting in enough pre-lesson effort ....  

🤣🤣🤣

Glad you have used your experience to find a way through the pain barrier ...   'bout time you learned that you're not 16 years old again though ....  ho hummmmm,

Fab that you could umpire, as without - there would be 22 (+rolling subs) that wouldn't get a game ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...