Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 222 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

I recently went through the same soul searching about the rear badge.   

When I bought my car, an earlier owner had changed the badging from chrome to black "to match the black wheels!".

I wanted to return to the chrome finish and happily bought a set of letters for the LOTUS script.  But when it came to the Evora badge, I discovered that a replacement was over £130 so my car is now badgeless - and better for it IMHO

• Like 1

I've been thinking about taking the badge off the back of mine , I've a random.collection of badges off all the cars I've owned.. however I'm definitely taking it off now as mine now says "vora" as the E has been snapped of by some goon walking past and £130 for the badge.... Ffs

May be they are all waiting for warranty work / parts that are on back order. Must be more than a weeks worth of service work alone.

36 minutes ago, jep said:

There aren't any McLaren with 276 or 345bhp, I think that's a clue 🙂

Justin 

But they’re always broken! 🤣

22 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

May be they are all waiting for warranty work / parts that are on back order. Must be more than a weeks worth of service work alone.

I think exactly this. They all have their bonnets left open as a precaution - the batteries like to randomly go flat overnight!

46 minutes ago, hamza said:

It’s like that every time I go to B&C… always lots of Maccas

Couple of Evoras with two of their newer siblings.

D47387CD-7ADF-4CA5-B5DC-301B2885A3AA.jpeg

Hmm, seeing the Evora and the Emira side by side, just reinforces my opinion that the Evora is much better looking from this angle. Not a fan of the Emira’s too small, in my opinion, headlights…

The back of the Evora (400 onwards) look better to me as well… The only view of the Emira I prefer is the side, well, apart from the massive gaps in the wheel wells that is!

Flame away, ha, ha!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hamza said:

Think I'd prefer the 430 on the right.

5 minutes ago, Jovver said:

Hmm, seeing the Evora and the Emira side by side, just reinforces my opinion that the Evora is much better looking from this angle

Tend to agree, but will have my Emira test drive in a couple of weeks, to see how it feels.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hamza said:

It’s like that every time I go to B&C… always lots of Maccas

D47387CD-7ADF-4CA5-B5DC-301B2885A3AA.jpeg

Emira looks smaller which is confusing. Emira supposedly is wider track. 

4 minutes ago, Jovver said:

The 430 is very, very nice! Hope you like your Emira!

Not got an Emira on order, just want to see how it feels in comparison to mine, would be a bit keener on a Emira GTxxx to replace my 430. Much prefer the look of the  430 over the launch Emira.

12 minutes ago, Nathan Pitman said:

Emira looks smaller which is confusing. Emira supposedly is wider track. 

The Emira is definitely noticeably wider and it was one of the things i noticed looking at them parked up next to each other.

In the picture the Evora is at an angle while the Emiras are dead on so the Evora appears wider.

Personally, I prefer the GT430 on the right of the Emiras but I prefer the Emiras to the Evora on the left…. I prefer my own Evora to all four, even though its “just” an S1 NA… but it has a splitter, barge boards and diffuser etc.

I think in terms of looks… the Evora looked the part for a sports (super?) car in 2010. The super car “look” moved on a lot in that time though and for a car still on sale in 2020 it just looked a bit dated (but still good in my opinion). A bit like the BMW 8 series. It was a fantastic 80s sports/super car that was on sale in the 90s :)

The Emira fixes that for sure… but personally I think most super/sports cars have just become a bit of a caricature of themselves and the older cleaner lines without ridiculous aero and crazy lines actually look better. 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

For me personally, the Evora is a better looking car. I think my reasoning is that my supercar lust period was F40, Countach sort of time up until the first Koenigsegg and Noble.

My in game cars when I was younger were Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge. Therefore I like that old school supercar look that I feel the Evora captures.

The Emira is a different age of visuals that isn't as exciting to me, it's still a lovely looking thing but this might signal I'm getting old 😄

Edit: @Bibs that diffuser looks nice and not the 'bolt over' options that the NA can have. Did you completely replace the rear tray with a later model one for that?

• Like 1
  • Love 1