Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 167 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

500 euro note is to be avoided. I found this out many years ago....even some French banks wouldn't accept them.

Petrol stations absolutely not.

Justin 

They are trying to cut down the use of the €500 note, but it is still a legitimate means of payment (in the EU), so legally a bank can not refuse it. Nor can other businesses, as long as the amount due is reasonable. Even with current prices of petrol, you'd be hard pressed to get to €200, unless you're driving an HGV. So it's somewhat defendable they don't accept a €500 note.
There is however also a clause that states shops can refuse large notes if the deem the risk of fraud is too big. Especially smaller businesses that don't have a scanner see this as a valid reason to refuse €100 notes or larger.

True story, I once had a €500 note fail the scanner, probably because it was wrinkled. I offered another one and that did pass 🙂 (I had just been paid a large amount in cash for kitting out a Land Rover Defender). The lady at the counter knew me as a regular customer and didn't make anything of it.

I also paid for my Esprit in cash, that was quite a stack of £50 notes! 💰

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

You guys.  I may look like a movie star, but I'm not on that pay scale.  TBH I can barely afford to fly business class 5 times a year.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Oi, my hair isn't that scruffy.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

40 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Oi, my hair isn't that scruffy.

It's that wondering eyeball that says movie star to me.  I've flown 1st class once.  Still waiting on the business class flight though.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my car back. Stored all winter, Big service including pretty much everything, superb job by my Lotus guy.

Hands it to a Valeter to clean and Polish and this happens. Frankly I could cry. I was so looking forward to getting her back. They totally denied everything of course! 

Somehow its affected the passenger door and the lock no longer works. Using the key, inner door handle or button the passenger door is locked and there's no way to get in!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Sad 3

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

What did you do to my beautiful baby @Kimbers?  And more importantly, what are they now going to do about it?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I am at a loss mate. My guy has offered to pay but is that fair? But it took me 6 weeks to get my Kia done so god knows how long it will take this.

Lights pushed back. Shut line is wrong on the door.

I'm totally pissed off. Totally and utterly

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

They totally washed their hands of it and said it was done before it got to them. Funny how that one bit had been polished so much it is almost through the paint!

F**king Bunch of absolute basteds. My Mechanic, who is also a good friend and his dad is one of my dads friends, has offered to pay for it all and hasn't charged me for the full service which I have demanded he does. He's an Ex Lotus Race Mechanic and simply awesome and there's no way I am letting him shoulder the blame.

I just said to him if he sorts out the shut lines and panel fits I'll pay for paint rectification. 

Always spend a couple of minutes taking pics of your car before you hand it to anyone you don't trust.

The valeter is clearly a James Hunt and a twat all rolled in to one and deserves to be named and shamed.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKH - first line :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Stored all winter

Don't do this in future, drive it all winter.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

How does a valet service alter the shut lines of the doors? What the hell did they do?

I'm betting the guy that did your service work won't be using them again.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 26/05/2023 at 22:55, Bibs said:

To be fair, I don't remember winter ending in late May to be honest! 

Partly my fault as I was away and partly my Mechanic being too busy. Would have been out end April otherwise.

The Cleaners and Valeters are on the A140 at Swardeston next to the Sugar Beet pub. Don't use them! I thought My mechanic Glenn, was going to get arrested he was so angry when he went to visit them!.