Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 47 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

First 50 odd minutes were excellent, not sure about the last bit🤣

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 5 months later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

How did he get an ambulance without the now obligatory 24 hour wait?

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I don't watch TG but Andrew is a special bloke, a real good egg and a hero of my favourite sport. I sincerely hope he is ok. 

How long before someone dies on TG? Shades of 'The Late late breakfast show' in the 80s.  

Justin

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, jep said:

How long before someone dies on TG? Shades of 'The Late late breakfast show' in the 80s.  

The stuff they do isn't all that dangerous usually. There have been a few freak accidents but you can't eliminate every risk. Hammond's rocket car was probably the most wilfully dangerous thing they've done really. Him launching a car off a cliff was just bad luck. Considering how long Clarkson has been making videos of him doing stupid things the injury rate has been remarkably low.

Sounds like Freddie had some sort of incident at low speed. Strange one on the track really but we'll see what comes out as the reason.

Ha ha how strange....many air ambulances appear to be based at airfields, and guess where many road ambulances appear to be parked up?.......

Anyone else been to North Weald airfield?......

Dave.

• 3 months later...

I find myself wondering why any self-respecting engineer or car company would build cars with 3 wheels which are capable of 130 MPH. 

Whole thing is wrong on every level. Who buys these? 

If Top Gear is cancelled permanently I wont give a monkey's.  I stopped watching it properly when Clarkson, May and Hamster left.  The current crop are an embarrassment and it's painful to watch.  Though I wish Flintoff a speedy recovery.

• Like 2

Hammond he has his own show - trying to run a car restoration and now a 'race' team. Rather a shambles.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Andyww said:

I find myself wondering why any self-respecting engineer or car company would build cars with 3 wheels which are capable of 130 MPH. 

Whole thing is wrong on every level. Who buys these? 

I think it looks like a brilliant car, huge fun I would think. I love the older ones done up like WW2 planes. Brilliant.

As for Hammond claiming early onset dementia... Well he did almost die from brain injuries sustained, so I think he can carry that point better than most.

1 hour ago, exeterjeep said:

Hammond he has his own show - trying to run a car restoration and now a 'race' team. Rather a shambles.

I think the car restoration business is in Herefordshire, my home county.

possibly -- Fir Tree Lane,, Rotherwas Industrial Estate, Hereford HR2 6LA

Back to Top Gear, perhaps they should go back to an older format and make it more of a car program and less a comedy show - have to move it the BBC3 due to reduced number of viewers though.

4 hours ago, Andyww said:

Who buys these? 

When I did a track day with Bell & Colvill back in 2014, there was a chap there who was in one - I knew him from the early 1990s when he rebuilt a Europa. He seemed to have great fun in it.

I must be missing something :) What different cars, the Europa with its fantastic chassis and another with three wheels which is, on the face of it, an insufficient number of wheels.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bibs said:

never wanted a go in a 3 wheeler, Morgan or otherwise

I read somewhere that Chapman was considering producing one until he drove one :hrhr:

Cheers,

John W