Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 122 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I spotted that pic on LinkedIn. It was taken by Patrick Peel (who I saw at the weekend) from his microlight and is estimated to be sometime in the mid-eighties. Those 2 large buildings were aircraft hangers left over from RAF Hethel. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Browsing round the internet found out that this highway code sign is being replaced as young people and some others can't understand it. Changed earlier this year.

Why is this road sign set to be removed from UK roads?

by .....

image.jpeg.9bb85cecdc554b2f9975094f31ad3da9.jpeg

Or may be it more of a change from coal to diesel. (Note no over head cables.)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

What so young people don't watch Thomas any more!  Shocking.....

Thomas the Tank Engine goes global with new "diverse" set of characters |  Radio Times

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

15 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Browsing round the internet found out that this highway code sign is being replaced as young people and some others can't understand it. Changed earlier this year.

Why is this road sign set to be removed from UK roads?

by .....

image.jpeg.9bb85cecdc554b2f9975094f31ad3da9.jpeg

Or may be it more of a change from coal to diesel. (Note no over head cables.)

Yep, same over here. I have the feeling it's more about being able to claim 'look, we have new sings so we're doing something about safety' than meeting an actual need/problem. I thought it came from the EU? No doubt in a few years they will create a new version with catenaries to indicate they no longer support diesel traction...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Escape said:

Yep, same over here. I have the feeling it's more about being able to claim 'look, we have new sings so we're doing something about safety' than meeting an actual need/problem. I thought it came from the EU? No doubt in a few years they will create a new version with catenaries to indicate they no longer support diesel traction...

Don't see what the fuss is about. Icons/signs are being changed to reflect a changing context. Same with the save icon where the floppy disc it represents is woefully outdated nowadays. Consequence of progress and something that should be lauded. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

In BA, I worked for Information Management, then branded IM.  We paid a fortune (PWC I think) for a major rebrand initiative.  The entire department, then thousands, packed one of the hangars for the ludicrously lavish rebrand event which unveiled Im.  Big M to little m.  Apparently it placed emphasis on the individual as part of the whole.  Ferk me.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

51 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

Don't see what the fuss is about. Icons/signs are being changed to reflect a changing context. Same with the save icon where the floppy disc it represents is woefully outdated nowadays. Consequence of progress and something that should be lauded. 

I think the new one is not as clear as the old one, the point of view is wrong, you wont face the train head-on unless you've really made a wrong turn.

But not fussed at all, I couldn't care less and I'm confident I'll recognize a railway crossing regardless of the sign used.

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.