Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 85 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• 2 weeks later...

Great pictures and looked like a great hoon,  Cant believe how low the dancing doney is,  have never seen one up close,  I always thought the Eprit was a bums on tarmac drive but the Fezza must be like a proper go cart lol. 

Essex still rules the crowd though,  and again fantastic job on the resto, glad to see it getting out on the roads :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

A

Optical illusion then lol,  The picture before made it look so much lower,  the S2 looks fantastic and looks like it has had a  full restoration ?   very tight shut lines around the bonnet and pods ?

• Thanks 1

A

Thank you Dan !

1 hour ago, silverfrost said:

the S2 looks fantastic and looks like it has had a  full restoration ?   very tight shut lines around the bonnet and pods ?

Nope, 40 year old original nitrocellulose paint and two coats of wax :).  Although, to be honest, mechanically it has had quite extensive TLC and the interior has had a full restoration / retrim.

The shutlines are also original but look super tight from various angles.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, swindon_alan said:

Can't you get a nice Polish gentleman to do it for you?*

*Other nationalities of vehicle cleanliness operatives are available

We use Lithuanian Leathers round here. I have the Mondeo washed very 6 months there without fail.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Much as I hate doing the job, I really don't trust a bunch of guys swilling gravel around their buckets with dishrags and waving a pressure washer lance within millimeters of my paintwork.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Funny you should say that I took the van in the other week and the bloke in front on me was in a black Aventador I was cringing watching them wash it. They also missed half the rear arch on the van but it is a van 

Having had my Jag scratched in a car park and my Dad's BMW scuffed whilst at the dealership this week I'm not sure I want to leave any of my cars anywhere that I can't watch them. Let alone trust anyone to wash them...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

I do really enjoy washing and waxing the esprit or the GT (not so much my daily Beamer)

From time to time, I just start claying and waxing, just for pleasure.... Come on , bring on those esprits 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I have never ever used a car wash tunnel or someone other than myself to wash any of my cars or motorcycles etc. Pressure hosing or just hosing the car with Water is not an option in my humble mind.

I would not even conceive those ideas in my mind.

I have during the last more than 5 years of Esprit ownership only ever used soap Water (propper car mix) once. See pic. The only ever time it happened was the day I bought it after a 650 km return trip from Stockholm in Sweden, to Copenhagen in Denmark, to get the car ready for my ownership and wax layers.

Every single time (at least once per week) I use a bit of window spray cleaner and a bunch of microfiber rags and microfiber towels. Does not scratch. And then propper wax.

Once a month and also if I happen to meet a bit of rain on a drive, the underside of the Esprit, suspension, engine etc. is cleaned as well. No car or motorcycle is ever put into a garage wet or dirty.

Leather is cleaned and treated once a month, Summer or Winter.

After every drive car is cleaned if at all dirty, inside, out and underneath.

Polishing the paint is always done by hand only. NEVER with a machine. and only happens very very rarely. Only once on my motorcycle, once on my Corrado and once on my Esprit.

Smart looking washing women in bathing suits is best used as a poster on the wall of a teenage room.

Once a year electrical contact cleaner is sprayed into all sockets and connectors.

I use a Festool vacuum cleaner with HEPA filter inside on carpets, to minimize dust etc.

Cars and motorcycles are never allowed to stay outside during night and generally when not being used.

Stored in a okay'ish warm dry garage all year. It's simply a must. If someone parks a special car or motorcycle on the street here in my country, it's either being stolen or vandalised.

Sorry, no fancy washing pics with lightly dressed women.

Daily excercising program to keep fit to drive the Esprit and my Laverda is practised instead.

Each to his or her own, of course ;)

Kind regards,

Jacques

after soap.JPG

soap.JPG

• Thanks 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

@Jacques is that a Corrado VR6 I see lurking in the background. I've had a couple, my sons are vw fanatics, but the Corrado is the only one I actually liked.

• Like 1