Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BIBS. Lotus Festival 2016 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

BIBS. Lotus Festival 2016

• Gold FFM

Next time say hello to the strange bloke and his lad in the silver v8 in the picture !! Neither of us bite - we both like cider though !!

• Like 2

Only here once

Really had a good day meeting old friends and making new ones, thanks everyone. 

Well done Bibs. Always a pleasure never a chore. ? 

Wayne

• Like 1

Suspension, brakes, chipped, chargecooler rad and pump,injectors,ignition coils and leads, BOV, highflow cat and zorst, Translator and tie rods, Head lights, LEDs to tail lights and interior,Polybushes to entire front end, Rad fans, rad grill, front end refurb with aluminium spreaderplates and galvanised bolts. Ram air, uprated fuel pump, silicone hoses through out, wheels refurbed and powder coated,much more, all maintenance.

• Gold FFM

Yep, well done TLF and Bibs, what a great day,  fantastic array of cars, and what a good bunch of down to earth enthusiasts Lotus owners are. Even the Mrs enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

Another great Lotus Festival, despite us coming to a halt on the M25 due to the alternator exciter wire bring dislodged by me whilst tightening the belt the previous day. 

Still, at least I now know that an S4s will run for 50 minutes on a non-charging battery. The symptoms include the driver wondering why the temperature gauge and oil pressure gauges are reading low, and the wife's interrogation as to the cause before he's even had a chance to pull onto the hard shoulder. Odd misfires then ensue, lack of power, and eventual engine ignition failure.

Thanks to @Sparky and @internets Esprit rescue team, a jump start and shoving the connector back on the alternator saved the day.

Large turn-out, better than last year, and some very, very nicely presented cars. Thanks to Bibs and all those who organised the event, you did a great job.

:thumbup:

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Great to see so many lovely cars. Thanks to all who put work into the organising to make sure it all ran so smoothly. 

Wave to the red s2 elise with a white stripe who we followed up the a12 on the way home.

We got very wet on the a140 in a thunder storm as too stubbon to stop and put the roof on. Another great day to be a lotus owner. :-)

Wondered if that was your v8 Barry.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Just a brilliant weekend, with brilliant people, cars and racing.

Top job by all involved in the organising, marshaling, participating andattending.

Topped off by following Jonny's V6 Cup home - complete with birdstrike incident :o

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Great time had by me, sorry there were so many I didn't get to talk to  - @Barrykearley and @CocoPops among others, I couldn't go about ten minutes without someone saying "Oi I've been watching your videos!" So that was nice

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Started planning 2017 last Thursday :D

Had a great time so that's great news. I overheard a conversation about "2016 possibly being the last" from some doom and gloom 

Don't know where else you can see a Lotus Six, Evora 400 and almost every model in between. Very fitting that it's along Colin Chapman Way.

Well done Bibs, keep planning. I'm sure 'Chunky' would have been proud of you ...

six.jpg

ev400.jpg

• Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

I too had a great day, very glad I decided to come over at the last minute! The parade laps were the icing on the cake. :)

Thanks Bibs & crew!

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Just to say as well, cheers Bibs and everyone involved  for organising another fantastic festival. Even my misses enjoyed it apart from one stand we walk past where she made a sarky comment...... Although what's she got against yellow Eclat's I don't know....:blush:.....

Bring on 2017......:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry @JayEmmI was there only on Saturday. Was godfather to my nephew yesterday, so couldn't attend.

think we had the better weather on Saturday but equally, I think Sunday was the better day for event/timetable

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel