Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 272 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
35 minutes ago, TrevS said:

Well if the GT410 Sport is an appreciating model this one should have no trouble selling, right? What’s the general view on GT410 sport values, £60-65k?  https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/2020-lotus-evora-gt410-sport-4Bq5On

Unless I'm wrong, that's a GT410 (non Sport) - key giveaways being the lack of carbon roof and rear hatch, not to mention the GT410 decals... So it's being falsely advertised as a Sport. The Sports seem to be priced higher than the non-Sports (reflecting the higher purchase price when new), so I hope any potential bidder is savvy enough to know the difference! 

43 minutes ago, Logit said:

that's a GT410 (non Sport)

Agree the giveaways being as you spotted. Think some of the auto listings that some dealers use comes up with the incorrect car details. Have seen several 'sports' advertised on AT that were not sports model. Certainly sports are worth a bit more than the non sports.

1 hour ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

The V5 has it listed as an Evora GT 410 Sport. Just saying!

Yes, a little bit messy. 100% non Sport edition. Less carbon, different alloys and rear spoiler. The decals on the side and rear also have "sport" in them if its a GT410 Sport.

I have not been a Lotus owner that long, only having a Evora GT410 Sport and now my Evora Sport 410 but in that short amount of time, most Lotus's are sold within owners groups or forum's best, not via online auctions etc.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, gamaphobe said:

You are correct! 🥳 I've been following this thread but not wanting to say anything too soon in case I jinx it ☺️ Very excited to post a photo and join the Sports Racer thread when I collect the car

Think you got a great deal there, car looks stunning, congratulations!

4 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

The V5 has it listed as an Evora GT 410 Sport. Just saying!

Yes indeed. I have a GT410 (non sport) and it is identical in spec to this, no carbon, rear glass, Michelin pilot sports, not cups, badged as only a GT410, etc and my V5 states it is a GT410 Sport.

Interestingly on another thread I asked if anyone knew what the sales breakdown was between Sports and Non-sports, as everyone assumes the Sport is rarer,but nobody could answer.

I suspect that a lot, possibly all, GT410's are registered as Sports, hence when an auto fill software is used referenced to the DVLA it will show all simply as GT410 Sport. 

• Like 1

DVLA can be hopeless. 340R is listed as MPV on V5. My Elise S1 is an Elite apparently.  

Back on topic, correctly priced Evora do sell quickly. Anything toppy seems to stick.....I suppose it would. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gamaphobe said:

You are correct! 🥳 I've been following this thread but not wanting to say anything too soon in case I jinx it ☺️ Very excited to post a photo and join the Sports Racer thread when I collect the car

Congratulations and welcome not only to the SR club but the Daytona Blue S SR club! (Mine is manual).

2 hours ago, Roobarb said:

All GT410's are listed as Sports as it wasn't financially viable for Lotus to do the necessary Type Approval again for such an expectedly low number of cars so a selling dealer really needs to know their stuff if they are to list it correctly rather than what the V5 says is true. Not sure the DVLA would have listed "Phil's Spec" as a model type anyway - Andy Graham the Lotus Archivist though does keep the numbers separate though so your Provence Certificate Pack numbers (eg 1of 20 etc etc) will apply to the non Sport (and vice-versa for Sports)

Thanks for that explanation. 

I'd be very curious to know the numbers produced of each.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TrevS said:

Congrats, that looks like a fantastic car. Looking forward to seeing the collection photos.

5 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Think you got a great deal there, car looks stunning, congratulations!

thanks all!! Really looking forward to getting more involved with community and forum!

2 hours ago, Gareth44 said:

Congratulations and welcome not only to the SR club but the Daytona Blue S SR club! (Mine is manual).

Nice!! Sounds like a pretty exclusive club!

In a perfect world I’d have gone for a manual. I saw yours in the photo thread, looks incredible!

• Like 1

I think the non-sport GT410 will be much rarer as they were introduced well into the production run of the GT410Sport. Maybe a Certificate of Provenance will confirm?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Thanks for that explanation. 

I'd be very curious to know the numbers produced of each.

Well in 2020 for the GT410 in its year of introduction they made 20 total, 17 with Manual transmission, only one in Military Grey 😀

Anyone know the 2021 numbers?

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Techyd said:

That's a steal for the lucky person with the funds right now!

Depends how much it needs spending on it?

On 24/04/2024 at 08:46, TrevS said:

Well if the GT410 Sport is an appreciating model this one should have no trouble selling, right? What’s the general view on GT410 sport values, £60-65k?  https://www.carandclassic.com/auctions/2020-lotus-evora-gt410-sport-4Bq5On

I think it will struggle to reach £60k. I really do not like the ones with the glass "400" model hatch and three piece spoiler. A big downgrade, obviously only in my opinion, to the full carbon hatch.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!