Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 270 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

As I said these cars are 10-14 years old and many upgrades may have been made by many owners.

Stock versus options is always the issue when trying to "sight" a model designation.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 08/04/2024 at 22:56, Bravo73 said:

He’s a bit confused with what he’s got though:

Lotus Evora S (normally asperated)[sic]” 

I guess this is not supercharged version  

SLS636.pdf

I stand corrected. Thanks @jaws.

I thought all S had the 19/20 wheels as stock, maybe it was the SR that had?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 19/03/2024 at 16:41, EuropaSman said:

Well, someone's bought it because it's now saying that the green GT430 is now reserved.

Suppose it must have actually been delivered now as it has gone off their web site and PH.            Wonder if the new owner is on here?

• Like 1

I wonder what part of the country he lives in, it would be interesting to get a pic of the 2 olive green cars together.

Well blow me, I clicked on his profile and it said Southampton. That was some super sleuthing for sure.

Edited by Bravo73

The small print.

21 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I stand corrected. Thanks @jaws.

I thought all S had the 19/20 wheels as stock, maybe it was the SR that had?

A little bit of trivia; the Chinese market Sports Racer actually used the 18/19" Forged Wheel but in black that was never offered as an option

Once painted black and on the car, it was hard to notice the difference in size and slight design tweak of the two Forged Wheel offerings 

However, you're right (all other) Sports Racers came with 19/20" Forged Black wheels. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tony164 said:

What is the clutch life on the 400? Is it the same as the regular Evora S?

Yes. It’s hard to put a number on it (too many variables) but it is reasonable to expect 50k+ miles out of one. 

11 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Yes. It’s hard to put a number on it (too many variables) but it is reasonable to expect 50k+ miles out of one. 

So the silver 400 with 44k miles probably has a few years left on it, but is fast approaching a scenario of ‘when’ one is needed instead of ‘if’

There's too many factors involved; how it's been used (track vs town vs motorway) - but the cost to replace a clutch in an Evora now is far more reasonable than it was! It's no longer the "big scary bill to watch out for" as it's pretty reasonable in the overall costs of a car like this....for context it's about the same cost for disk and pads all around!

(Although I spoke to the seller of the silver one, last service reported the brakes to be fine, just FYI!)

• Like 1

Hangar 111 can do it cheaper so I understand, they have a way around the Lotus workshop manual method. 

Easy answer, ask a Lotus main dealer for a guide price, I suspect it'll be north of £3k. And ask Hangar111 and an independent like Steve Williams.  

I wouldn't worry too much about clutch on a 400, you'll be unlucky if it pops before 70000 miles unless a tracked car. 

Justin 

My understanding was main dealers were around £4.5k, a good independent around £3k. The price reduction to the Labour time reduction as the Independents had worked out how to do it without taking the rear clam off, which is the "by the book" way. This was around 5 years ago and I suspect more clutches have been changed so the process has been well rehearsed and refined by now by many, including main dealers.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, jep said:

Hangar 111 can do it cheaper so I understand, they have a way around the Lotus workshop manual method.

Unfortunately, on an Evora there is no shortcut, rear body has to come off and engine out.  Need to allow 25-30 hours labour time.

Current price for us (Hangar 111) for Evora is about £3.5k+VAT.

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shock 1