Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 187 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Invest in another one rather than shares......well maybe not. Will drop in and have a quick look it, as I have not been in to 'annoy' them for almost 2 weeks.

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

My feelings exactly, I’ve stuck with my 2013 SR S because of the Lambo/Audi styling and interior of the 400. 
The GT range is good looking but the Emira is cheaper (new) so the Emira will be my next version of the Evora 😉

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

This one seems quite good value:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108116104643?advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1501&year-to=2021&sort=relevance&postcode=sl67bj&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=1

It has all the packs, it seems to have heated seats, which is a rarity in a 2010 all the packs, 2+2 manual. Great spec and a brand new clutch. The only reason it's cheaper seems to be that the miles are higher than average, but that's fine, especially with a brand new clutch on it.

It could be a nice car in that colour combination and with those wheels, but it does look very tired compared to some. The wheels are kerbed to hell and the interior looks worn and scuffed. The ad makes a big deal about how well it has been prepared for sale by their workshop. I think they could have tried a bit harder. Maybe the new owner will make the effort instead?

2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

It could be a nice car in that colour combination and with those wheels, but it does look very tired compared to some. The wheels are kerbed to hell and the interior looks worn and scuffed. The ad makes a big deal about how well it has been prepared for sale by their workshop. I think they could have tried a bit harder. Maybe the new owner will make the effort instead?

At least there's enough photos in the ad for you to be able to tell it's a bit tired. Normally you only find that out when you get there in person!

On 02/12/2021 at 11:17, TdM said:

This one seems quite good value:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202108116104643?advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1501&year-to=2021&sort=relevance&postcode=sl67bj&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&make=Lotus&model=Evora&page=1

It has all the packs, it seems to have heated seats, which is a rarity in a 2010 all the packs, 2+2 manual. Great spec and a brand new clutch. The only reason it's cheaper seems to be that the miles are higher than average, but that's fine, especially with a brand new clutch on it.

29k and they dont want to sort the wheels out, looks terrible for the sake of £200 if the owner before made the wheels look like that they didnt really care about it 

• Gold FFM

Yes, I grant the wheel situation is a little ridiculous. Apologies, I didn't actually spot that on my first cycle through on the phone! The dealer should have done a better job on the wheels and the seat bolster (both relatively easy to improve at least) before listing.

That NA seems value to me at Bell and Colvill. I saw it some weeks ago, looks fab and will have a proper warranty. 

If I was looking, I'd buy it but I have an NA already, bought from Bell and Colvill.

Justin

NA still the best Evora I have driven, especially with CR box, which this has.

I've driven most, though not a 430. Something just so right about 276bhp and supple suspension. Interior fab too.

Justin

5 hours ago, electro_boy said:

Thats an absolute bargain!  I bet it goes before they've had a change to take photos and upload them!

What are views on 2010 cars? I am half heartedly looking at Evoras but had been leaning towards MY12 cars for the improved gear shift etc. 

Do most 2010 cars have the improvements fitted now? Are MY12 cars really any better, or is a good 2010 just as good?

71,000 miles on my 2010 Evora, still feels solid. Linkage was to MY12 spec fitted by Bell and Colvill in 2016. 

Some early CR box had a manufacturing defect on 4,5,6, mine surfaced at 69,000 miles but that is pot luck, most don't fail.

Justin

@pixelmix The 2010 cars are highly regarded as a very well balanced road car.   The suspension setup allows the car to flow beautifully on roads with an amazing ride quality whereas the more modern Evora went for slightly stiffer suspension for sharper handling.

All Evora's are fun on the road and very capable on the track and have that unique feeling of making you smile.  Some do rough roads slightly better some do tracks slightly better but all are very very good.

The shift quality varies from car to car.  Some are great some are not so great.  A small adjustment to the cable tension (a quick and simple fix) can make a big difference to the shift quality.

As far as I understood, MY12 cars got a cable upgrade and then the 4XX cars bought in a newly designed shift mechanism which has a much more accurate and positive shift.

My NA shift action was pretty good, once the cable tension was adjusted, as long as you didn't rush the change.  But I had the opportunity to put in a 4XX shift mechanism in my car while doing some other fixes (clutch) so I went for that and the difference is noticeable but also could have been due to the new cables and generally overhauled system.  I feel the change was worth it for me but its not really value for money and a set of new shift cables and refresh of the system would probably get you most the way there for less money.

@pixelmix - most early cars have been well fettled and upgraded by owners so they are really well sorted cars. The gearbox linkage is usually down to just needing some fettling to get it right. My 2010 NA gearshift was as a good as the 410Sport's I bought new, despite the 410 supposedly having an all new linkage!

Remember the vast majority of the Series 1 cars that come up for sale are 2010 - 2013 - so they are between 8 and 11 years old, hence the reason why they tend to be well sorted! :)

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hmm I would put the gearchange on my GT410 in a different universe to the NAs, honestly. The NA was light and a touch loose (LR box, 2012 cables), the GT410's heavy but extremely precise.

NA's suspension was still a little softer than the GT410's, even though it's the softest of the 4XX line I believe.

They're all bloody good, let's face it.

Edited by EGTE
  • Like 2