Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Hunt begins - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

The Hunt begins

Welshwiseguy

Hi All, great forum with so much information it’s kept me rather sane during lockdown in Wales, followed by self isolating and now more lockdown. 

If this year has taught me anything it’s that life can turn around In an instant so after 3 years without a toy I’m back on the hunt and I’ve settled on an Evora. 

I’m not chasing bhp and have settled on an NA car as it won’t be used daily and I believe it’s a good solid depreciation. 

Ive read buyers guides and posts on here and elsewhere so I’m confident I know what to look for. I’d prefer a real enthusiast owned car as opposed to the ones that I’ve seen are still loitering around unsold.

Not a great deal of choice currently sub £30k. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I have a LE 2009 Na. She’s storm titanium, black interior with 20k on the clock. 
All service receipts and book stamped. Comes with BOE CAI, 3rd cat delete and is ready to use.

@Welshwiseguy pricewise - absolutely firm at £25K

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Has always had heavy duty custom seat covers on in my ownership - seat are like new underneath. Sail panel is cracked in the usual spot howeverC206E18B-6B48-448D-9B70-44F0C6E9E179.thumb.jpeg.5613d123015f2188f3859735f15429b3.jpeg22F17FE7-7F8D-47E9-9136-0B93294CFC0E.thumb.jpeg.673db346f9cdc568275e7d18635b68fd.jpegF6E5061E-6EE7-4CB1-926D-8FB88BD5EA91.thumb.jpeg.20d67351e02a704f40c02b5c31e7f618.jpeg26B6A79E-0DAF-4A6A-8E22-938FA2005042.thumb.jpeg.d5c1ed6eaaab9b8a002061e33d96e2f1.jpegE6A43EAD-129E-4BDC-B774-C3F78A00278B.thumb.jpeg.8d39a2c8767469a1576ede231019b2f8.jpeg

Only here once

If I bought a car again it would be from  a member of this forum as you will get far more background history and you will tell it a car that been cherished like a family member lol 

I purchased from main dealer as I was naive and bought from a long way from home so got a comfort of warranty.

my advice also be patient as by virtue of small numbers car selection are fewer than many other marques, might help being a little flexible in spec your after ? Good luck 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the replies so far. Barry’s car looks spot on with lovely miles too so will definitely consider it. 

I am flexible on most things to be fair. I’ve chased the big bhp numbers with my last car being a Litchfield tuned R35 GTR. Enjoyed it but never loved it. 

Being only 20 mins from Brecon and having some other great roads here a well sorted chassis, noise and sense of accession is what it’s all about for me now. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dan E said:

@Bibs lawyers have been informed, deformation of character being the first charge. They’re good so will probably end up with your Evora which gets us back on topic 

They obviously haven’t been for a little jaunt in Bib’s Evora, or they wouldn’t have taken the job. It’ll take ten years off their lives, and they’ll be kissing the ground if they make it back.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

without sounding like an arse....if that was me advertising It'd get pumped straight to the "sales" section, as i have been before....

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

There’s a nice Starlight Black 2011 NA mentioned on FB today as about to be listed on Pistonheads at £27k.  I’ve suggested the owner list it on here too.  Owner is an LDC member so sounds like an enthusiast owner.

On 27/12/2020 at 20:47, Mark030358 said:

without sounding like an arse....if that was me advertising It'd get pumped straight to the "sales" section, as i have been before....

You have to remember Mark that @Barrykearley is very special. Oh, and he keeps the Moderators sweet by giving them free eggs I'm sure.

I do agree though, there are one or two Mods that would have jumped on you and moved the post for you faster than an egg runs down a windscreen! The jolliness of the season must have gotten to them. They'll be back with vengeance on 1st January (probably due to the pain of their hangover).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!