Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Final Editions - Wish list - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Final Editions - Wish list

AK70

1 hour ago, Greg | ValetPro said:

Is anyone expecting Lotus to do a final edition Evora?

I would have thought so but why announce so much later than the other 2 models? I take it still no rumblings. What are they waiting for.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe give the chance to the dealers to reduce stock.

sounds like a GT 420 is the easy go slightly better but without changing much. They should be cautious to not upset the Evora owners as they are the most likely 131 buyers at first. If you do something that immediately upsets GT430 owners and all recent GT410 buyers, this is an own goal compared to selling a few cars. 

• Gold FFM

FE Evora details due to be announced in the next 2-3 weeks.  Expected to be similar to GT spec.  I suspect the delay is because they need to confirm parts supply for the intended numbers.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TomE said:

FE Evora details due to be announced in the next 2-3 weeks.  Expected to be similar to GT spec.  I suspect the delay is because they need to confirm parts supply for the intended numbers.

I expect its to decide what colour to repaint the unsold ones.

• Haha 1

On 23/02/2021 at 19:54, TomE said:

FE Evora details due to be announced in the next 2-3 weeks

Do you think that this is still the expected time scale - so now down to 1-2 weeks?

On 24/02/2021 at 23:49, trcm said:

As long as it doesn't come with the gopping 400 tailgate or front clam ☺️

Ease up some of us rather like the 400.

• Love 2

• Gold FFM

Would want to jump to a GT if I were to change, I don't like the 400 look that much. I'm not keen on the suspension being much harder than the S1 though. What good does it do on the road? If I want a track car, I'll buy an Exige!

• Like 2

Does anyone know if they are actually going to make the final edition in the end?

I ask because I was on a waiting list for an Evora, and paid the deposit, when they told me production was ceasing and mine would be one of the final 20 "special editions" to be built if I was interested to continue, which I was. 

Unfortunately today I got an email from my Lotus dealer, saying that the factory has decided to not produce any more, and that they will refund my deposit, or offer to move it to the type 131 due later on this year.

As for what made it special, according to the dealer, it would be the GT410/GT410 sport but with all the optional extras included, for less than it would usually cost, and possibly a commemoration plaque. It made sense to me if the factory had some unused components left to use up, the price and final spec was to be released in about a weeks time.

I was told the same whilst discussing spec on my exige fe390.
Never actually driven an exige and wanted to try an evora aswell. When I enquired about fe evora was told exactly the same. They were making 20 but not happening now🤷‍♂️

I wonder if it’s because of demand for Elise/Exige FE?

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Amazing that Lotus is in a position to return deposits!

I guess there has to be a final cut-off date for the existing production line, but not proceeding with the expected FE Evora was not, err, expected.

Still I am pretty sure the Type 131 will be sensational.

31 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Amazing that Lotus is in a position to return deposits!

Deposits are lodged with dealers, not Lotus. That said, Lotus have current investment well in excess of £1.5bn from Geely, kinda makes your comment seem moot in both respects. 

The Elise/Exige FE press release never mentioned an Evora FE to be fair. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I'm surprised to read there is a waiting list for Evoras given howmanyleft says only 15 new cars were registered in 2020. I know it's not 100% accurate but clearly there aren't hundreds leaving the factory. Do they pause the line until enough orders come in?

It is almost criminal that Evora was not more of a sales success than it was. S1 Elise probably my favourite Lotus road car but Evora NA right along side. 

I hope I am not saying the same thing about 131 in a few years time - sales wise.

Justin 

10 hours ago, Ogi said:

I got an email from my Lotus dealer, saying that the factory has decided to not produce any more, and that they will refund my deposit, or offer to move it to the type 131 due later on this year.

So suddenly the depreciation of all 4xx cars has almost stopped! I was not planning to sell but now I will want to keep mine ever more !

Are you considering trolling the dealers ads to see if one of them has a spec that would be satisfactory to you? What were you ordering?

16 minutes ago, PAR said:

So suddenly the depreciation of all 4xx cars has almost stopped! I was not planning to sell but now I will want to keep mine ever more !

Are you considering trolling the dealers ads to see if one of them has a spec that would be satisfactory to you? What were you ordering?

There appears to be an unreg  evora 400   but says 2019 - so probably is a demo they have not sold yet. Somust have had in stock for awhile...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/201604062669053?make=LOTUS&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&model=EVORA&radius=1500&sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ex66aq&include-delivery-option=on&page=3

On 04/03/2021 at 01:38, TomE said:

Yes, based on what I've been told

So I suppose we will know for certain in 1-2+ weeks. If no announcement comes then the Evora has already come to the end.

10 hours ago, Arregueti said:

They did say at the time that it would be announced later.

They didn't. 

As revealed last month, the Lotus Evora has also entered its final year of production. Further announcements about plans to celebrate this model will be announced in due course.

No idea what plans they have to celebrate the model but they didn't mention a Final Edition will be announced. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.