Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 48 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Now where did you get THAT from @Jack Stone ?

Lotus clearance sale?

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I suppose the first edition must end soon for the base edition to start, see no mention of a GT - may be that's the R.

Petrol Emira's could still be sold outside areas that have announced an ICE car ban. Also assuming the date does not go back a year or 5.

May be they can sell for longer in US/other markets?

2 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

That's tantalising with the engine codes cut off! Are they all the same?  Will they get to the S and the R before new ICE cars are banned?

Tentalizing indeed.

Any other code than 2GR-FE would surprise me though. but at the same time Lotus is now the only brand to use the 2GR-FE. Toyota still use the 1GR-FE though  and the 2GR-FSE/FKS still used by Toyota and Lexus do use the same block with different heads so manufacturing a batch of 2GR-FE would not be problematic for Toyota's engine plant.

And we know how much Lotus has worked on that powertrain, they have optimized it to the Nth degree both engine and gearbox that is. and considering what they are able to provide Radford in terms of tune. I assume that Emira S will be a lighter weight than launch model  with the 410 Engine so 416bhp and with the new exhaust line this maybe closer to 425 bhp.

Emira R would be around Evora GT spec of tune, but again the engine bay packaging has progressed a lot in the past five years and they have lifted some limitation on the the BG6 gearbox so 450bhp is probably within reach maybe even more without any warranty and emissions worries.

I do know they pushed it on the dyno to silly numbers at 7200 rpm. But they never provided that tune to Evora, however the Radford will get 500bhp spec and a 600bhp spec from Lotus Hethel factory, that last one requiring upgraded internals and a Getrag by Jubu gearbox. 

But a lightweight Emira with 450 to 500bhp on tap and sensibly priced would give the mother of all headache to the competition.

• Like 1

without any context, I do not believe it is real, cropped to be way too much of a tease

Are there 5 variants of the 2GR-FE engine for Lotus to use?  I thought they took one engine and fettled it to different outputs

Edited by simonb

Seems really fake. Why even put Emira S or R on there at all? At worst just put "reserved", but not sure why you would even put anything like that at all, even for internal use.

• Like 1

2022 Cadillac CT5-V Blackwing (MT) ◄ 2017 Lotus Evora 400 (SOLD) ◄ 2013 Lotus Evora S (SOLD) ◄ 2005 Lotus Elise (SOLD) ◄ 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 (SOLD)

11 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

I don't understand why they have those different letter codes for the same Toyota engine.

At least that bit is normal. Different states of tune. This is the vin decoder for the Evora 400/410/430 cars.

0A3E09D0-36D1-4ABF-8068-0F21C88AA933.thumb.gif.c60d23282306532f25829bd1cc24ecae.gif

Edited by KJD
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Great news.

It will win many awards. It has to on looks alone.

The more I drive mine the better the car seems to get. It still has that Lotus magic. 

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I see Komo-tec have some upgrades already on their site....

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-emira/v6/suspension/959/oehlins-ttx-sports-suspension-for-emira?c=1005 for ohlins and

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-emira/v6/exterieur/991/carbon-spoiler-kt-track-for-emira for the first of their rear wings.

With engine upgrades to come.

2 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

I see Komo-tec have some upgrades already on their site....

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-emira/v6/suspension/959/oehlins-ttx-sports-suspension-for-emira?c=1005 for ohlins and

https://www.komo-tec.com/en/lotus-emira/v6/exterieur/991/carbon-spoiler-kt-track-for-emira for the first of their rear wings.

With engine upgrades to come.

Really? Why?

I really can't believe that Komo-tec's engineers are better than Lotus engineers. Or they'd all be working at Hethel.

And, even if these mods. were the best thing since sliced bread, why would an owner do it? Surely any after market upgrade would affect the Lotus warranty?

Or am I just being naive? 🤔

Lotus will be working to a price point - so they're not going to pay an extra £3-4k for Ohlins over Billies for instance. They're also tied to regs re what they can put on the car etc, having to get new stuff homologated etc. If someone wants to upgrade then why not, it's their car. I'd love the KomoTec 460/475 kit on my Evora for instance. Just because I could.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!