Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 44 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

56 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Think dealers are still some weeks away from getting their fingers on one..

Bell and Colville were still optimistic for July (and had been to Lotus to drive one already). 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Is it just me? I would have thought it would be really something if the first, well and the last of the Emiras were kept by the factory.

So the first customer car went to the USA?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Think they will have plenty of early Emira's to keep round the factory. They will be anxious to get some money rolling in as the cars go rolling out.

In the video posted yesterday the car behind MW was RHD? So probably a UK car.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, hamza said:

Bell and Colville were still optimistic for July (and had been to Lotus to drive one already). 

Was that before or after yesterday's announcement?

Lotus Driving Academy were contacting people yesterday who had sessions booked from 22 June to mid/late July and rescheduling them.  Delay to the LDA cars and the instructors are having to help with some sort of customer test drive programme.

On 17/06/2022 at 15:13, TomE said:

Delay to the LDA cars and the instructors are having to help with some sort of customer test drive programme.

Tell us more @TomE why the delay on the LDA cars? Has anyone heard more about the homologation progress? (Not related to the LDA cars) I've asked a couple of times but Lotus are keeping quite tight lipped about this.

Unrelated, but I hear that dealer handover training has been scheduled for early next month.

• Gold FFM

Nothing much more than that.  LDA were due to start from 22 June, which would have been slightly before dealers got their demo cars, suggesting they were getting either final validation cars or the first customer-build cars.  When calling people this week they've been saying production is being prioritised for dealer and customer cars, so the LDA cars won't be built until later.  

The seems strange, as LDA could run with pre-production cars and with non-FE specs if cosmetic parts were missing or short supply.  And it's only 5-6 cars, so not a huge impact on numbers of customer cars they can build.

The instructors being diverted to do customer test drives may be a bigger factor.

On type approval, I'd heard one of the reasons for the previous 1 month delay was because they'd been asked to change something that was flagged up during TA.  That suggests it only needed the one item sorted and so by now either it has got approval or they just have to re-submit with the change having been done.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TomE said:

The instructors being diverted to do customer test drives may be a bigger factor.

Thanks @TomE I've not heard anything about customer test drives through anything other than the dealership. Who are these lucky customers that get test drives with a LDA instructor? Mind you if it's Donnerly ......... Which leads me to wonder if he's been let loose on an Emira yet. That must have featured in the destructive test schedule.

• Gold FFM

Lotus have been saying since Jan that they were trying to find a way for people with early deliveries to get a chance to test drive before dealer demos arrive.  So I expect the focus will be the first 200-500 deposits, due to be delivered in first 2-3 months. 

I was told 3 weeks ago that no one would have to commit until they had had a test drive, if they wanted one.

On 17/06/2022 at 16:25, exeterjeep said:

Not been on since April.

I don't know @Karl M Roberts personally,  even though he lives only a couple of miles away from me.  However, we do have a mutual acquaintance, who I saw today,  who told me that Karl had changed his choice to an i4.  This, therefore, enables Lotus to supply the 'first' Emira to whoever they want.  Considering that Karl put his deposit down some 12 months before the Emira was even announced,  I sincerely hope he gets the first i4.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Didn’t someone post a video on here which said first Emira in California?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Blimey - imagine turning down the very first customer V6...

Umm,  hope it is my spec and nobody else has my spec... I am in!!! 😄

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Have to admit this side shot looks lively. White with black pack really  suits it!

image_3412449c-8bec-4b35-9f59-fd46d9e06ff320220620_162356.jpg

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Agreed 😀

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)