Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

If Top Gear have the car, it should mean that Autocar etc should be able to get on and have their go. Surely Lotus will have got a number of cars ready. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Yes, the press drives and videos/photos and reviews for the major players will be done ahead of release and held under embargo.  There is a release timetable, starting with TG and then with the other print and online stuff following soon after.

I've made my points but, to answer some reasonable points from others, in principle I can have a choice of approved SH Evoras tomorrow (or other cars) and at close enough to the actual OTR cost of an Emira First Edn that would not get to me until next Spring.  (I only joined the queue in late Autumn.)  Timescale is more important for some than for others. 

It's not a prime issue for me but, looking ahead, though I'm no expert on SH prices, I note that in a few years Emiras will be quite common.  No more Evoras to be made - with their four seats (sort of!). Dependent on events - more than usually so - in a few years time I might be offering a rare Evora in exchange for a choice of SH Emiras - or a new one to my own spec.

I await the reviews. 

Edited by mdavies
  • Like 1

Im not really bothered about Top Gears reviews, other than I want them to be good so the car does well. 

The more impactful reviews (for me) are those who have put their money down to buy one. Which is why I’m quite looking forward to a Harry’s garage video of it. But also I just want more Emira content until mine arrives! 

• Like 1

The Evora Sport 410 got rave driving reviews at launch but only 30 people in the UK bought one! Judging by the number of Emira deposits placed It doesn’t really matter what the reviews say as people are already sold.  As is happens I also think the Emira will be a great drive and given the wider track but slightly heavier weight it should handle similar if not slightly better than the Evora.  Plus a change in tyres and a couple of geo tweaks could make it a very alert driving experience - if that was what you wanted

• Like 2

Lots of comparisons made here with Evora “ is it same or better”. We already know how it presents and if it performs exactly as Evora, that’s no bad thing. What then will really matter? For me it’s build quality, finish and reliability of tech. Not all of this is picked up with journo reviews, so will be watching carefully what first owner ( especially ex Evora or Cayman) forum members are saying in the coming months. That would be more useful than any first drive report.

• Like 2

Video does explain how and why they are taking their time not to get the thing half cocked.

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/emira/first-drive

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/emira/first-drive-0

Second link is for the on track antiques of the tester.

Edited by NedaSay

• Gold FFM

interesting that top gear are playing up the v6 as the premium model, when I expect the high power derivatives to be based on the model with a gearbox which can handle more torque (amg)

The pic of the car Top Gear had did not look like the one in today's released reviews, are we expecting a review of the actual car tomorrow? ie a non vp.