Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delayed delivery - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Delayed delivery

Abgreenbank

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yep..

l1.PNG.c734292beefdc8bd016363b0b89420e0.PNG

Worse part is I have booked a trip abroad first week of July...  can't risk that now and will have to move it. Luckily BA allow this.

It would be better if there was a firm date as I have so many plans for the car BUT we are unlikely to know this for a couple of months yet.

Jeezuz. Frustrating.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Reading Ade’s notification from Lotus, found the term “Complete the checkout process” not the best choice of words, sounds like your buying something from Amazon 😳

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Same email.  Very frustrated about the delay without an explanation and continuing poor comms (photos of colours anyone?).

For me that’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, GRRC Members Breakfast Club and Lotus in the Peak impacted and three missed opportunities for Lotus to have an Emira on show.  I guess I shouldn’t have relied on assurances I had from senior people. 

• Like 1

I was july so guessing that is now Aug.

1st Aug is ok but by mid Aug then may as well wait until Sept for reg plate change.....but then if it slips into sept then i see no point in having for Winter so may just wait for 1st march 23...which then may mean dropping an FE and going for a base.

Rubbish!

construction and property consultants : My company

2 hours ago, MJON said:

Reading Ade’s notification from Lotus, found the term “Complete the checkout process” not the best choice of words, sounds like your buying something from Amazon 😳

MJON, why the surprised?!

I've quoted your comment in support of my very recent post in the Comments and Expectations thread.

• Like 1

Ouch.

I haven’t had the email.

perhaps they’ve decided to prioritise dark verdant customers! 😃

• Like 1

I've had the same email today.  Still, it's going to be everything I'd expect and more, apparently, so here's hoping it's worth the wait!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomE said:

Very frustrated about the delay without an explanation and continuing poor comms...

Odd that they've chosen not to say anything.  Was talking to a dealer at the w/e who said their cars were delayed too....but he said not for the reasons we might expect like component shortages but some kind of kick back from the type approval process which means they've needed to make a minor change or two at the last minute to get the paperwork signed off.  

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Would some sort of delay to type approval have any noticeable impacts on the spec/performance/tech ? If dealers are getting demo's when we expect, they have not got long to sort out any issues.

• Like 1

My deposit for V6 FE was 10th July and I had confirmation of August delivery. So far, I have not had any email to say that this is going to be delayed, so fingers crossed it stay as August.

I’m fairly happy with a month delay, seems par for the course at the mo.

Fingers crossed no more hiccups!

if it’s a type approval thing sadly production cat reviews will also be delayed I assume

It's not the month delay that bothers me, it's just another vague email from Lotus that seems to move the goalposts slightly that's the issue; "In the coming weeks", "following that, a couple of weeks before handover", why not just say 4 weeks before delivery we'll give you xyz, and 2 weeks before delivery we'll call you and ask for a wodge of cash!?!?!?

On 13/04/2022 at 11:20, Evotion said:

Yep..

l1.PNG.c734292beefdc8bd016363b0b89420e0.PNG

Worse part is I have booked a trip abroad first week of July...  can't risk that now and will have to move it. Luckily BA allow this.

It would be better if there was a firm date as I have so many plans for the car BUT we are unlikely to know this for a couple of months yet.

Jeezuz. Frustrating.

It’s not exactly an honest email is it. We know the world is in a bit of a mess but to try and say its still June but ‘delivery ‘ in July is just obviscating the reality that its slipped another month. I wouldn't change any plans based on a lotus delivery schedule, they have a mind of there own. I was told yesterday that my initial deposit date hadn’t been logged properly so I had slipped another month…… My Elise was due in a November and it turned up 4 months early - the dealer was as surprised as I was.