Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Watford Exotics: A Life? - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Watford Exotics: A Life?

Sparky

Put yourself first.... for a change.  Good for you.

• Like 2

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Good for you, I know how you feel. Since my 'retirement' from the 9-5 I've never been so busy and that's just with my own home and car projects. Now working 7 days a week and each time I sit down for a break I feel guilty that I'm not getting on with something..! Likewise I haven't been to any car/club meets for ages as a result.

Enjoy your 'rest' 👍

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Good for you to make the call in time! If it becomes a chore instead of a hobby, it's not really worth it. And after a while you'll probably enjoy the occasional spannering challenge all the more. You will be greatly missed by many no doubt! There was an article last week about how hard it is to find good mechanics these days. And that was in general, even worse for classic or niche cars.

It's similar for me, main difference being I deliberately chose to start Escape's Workshop as a second job. And I still get great satisfaction from helping customers. As frustrating as it can be sometimes, I'd go completely crazy if only had my boring office job and nothing challenging to come home to. Not the mention the Workshop provides the means needed to keep my own fleet running. Well, I say running, but the last couple of years have been too busy meaning I now have 4 cars of my own off the road and desperately needing attention... Trying to do something about that. At least I still manage to attend meetings etc, a good reminder why I keep doing this.

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

So just me then.....

Nooooooooo!  I protest in the strongest possible terms.   You can't abandon your post you selfish git !  If you don't look after Lionel then who?? 

Instead I vote you move to sunny Somerset to put your feet up.  And I know somewhere close by with a barn and 4 post lift.

Best of luck with the op matey, and enjoy your freedom.  If you do get bored I can probably think of stuff for you to do.

• Like 1

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I don't blame you.

Much better to sit on the beach and dip your toe in the water when/if you feel like it rather than constantly treading water and occasionally touching the seabed.

(PS Don't forget we spoke about mine wanting a ground up rebuild before you hang up your spanners.).... 🐂💩

• Haha 1

Good for you, but you will have all those future Emira owners is SW Herts looking for someone to fix their car in 10-20-30 years time.

Best wishes for the op. 

• Gold FFM

Look forward to seeing you both.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Thereafter I will be highly resistant to anything that gets in the way of my drinking activities.

FTFY

This a sad day, I assume the other Margate Exotics will be taking up where you left off, I never really understood how that part of the franchise stood on its own two feet as it only ever seemed to work on one car!!

I blame the NHS---no longer fit for purpose,  good job you haven't got cancer. This country is in a mess.  Enjoy what you can while you can but please keep  helping the forum with your excellent advice and help.  Good luck Roy.

• Gold FFM

I was last on a list of 5 yesterday afternoon.  No. 3 suffered a serious problem during surgery that necessitated prolonged attention from the eye surgeon thereby running out of time for 4 and 5.  They have already rescheduled me to a reasonably convenient date.  It does cause problems in work scheduling, and I think it's just the last straw in a series of issues this year that have led me to question what I'm doing with whatever time I have left.  I do these cars because I enjoy them, but that enjoyment is diminishing with load, and that ain't good.

That said, I will never complain about the NHS itself (agreed other stuff around it is broken).  It's kept me alive through chronic illness for over 50 years.  Yesterday was just unfortunate.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I hope the op gives you back whats been lost to the cataracts. My dad had this done and it made a real difference. 

:) 

• Like 1

It's getting there......

You’ll be leaving me with the kerbside motors mantle 🙂, you’ve done your bit for lotus kind so a well earned proper retirement is overdue mate 👍🏻
Time to chill and enjoy a few nice🍺🍷🥃 and terrorise the street of London in that yellow peril of yours!

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try!