Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 minutes ago, TomE said:

the seller is getting about £3k over their on the road price

and if they had to borrow the funds to pay for it initially, would have reduced their profit.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I believe the seller had a change in personal circumstances, so is probably just relieved it sold for above what they paid.

Yes true. A expensive personal change in circumstances that a lot of married men have had to go through rightly or wrongly. 

31 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Yes true. A expensive personal change in circumstances that a lot of married men have had to go through rightly or wrongly. Happy he as made a small profit he going to need it. Been there my self it don’t come cheap.

• Like 1

See two up on Autotrader, one private at £105k but not actually with the seller yet 😏

The other is with Premier GT, priced slightly higher (link below) guessing both looking to clear £100k. If they can achieve this it will make the £90k (inc premium) sale via Collecting Cars a bargain.
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212052292613?advertising-location=at_cars&atmobcid=soc5&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lotus&model=Emira&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&radius=1501&sort=relevance

10 hours ago, Wake said:

It’s made me less comfortable. I would never be intending on flipping. But if I could get out of the car at the 6/9/12 month point at relatively no cost after “scratching” that itch then I’m all for it. It’s a tad concerning that the first one to market with a waitlist stretching into 2024 only went around 8k over list price. 

Sports cars are always cheaper in December anyway, and as others have said collecting cars prices are soft.

Everyone is allowed their opinions but the pessimism on forums is tiring, bit of positivity surrounding this toy wouldn’t go a miss. At the end of the day it’s not a low volume car and Harry’s video at the weekend showed a very busy factory with lots of the same car on the line which doesn’t provide that feeling of exclusivity early buyers might want. The car market is softening not the Emira specifically. If people are worried about the financial implications of buying the car now or it’s overs prices going forward you might find that the Emira was actually the best of a bad situation.

• Like 2

Funny watching people here desperate to talk prices up whereas over on the Exige market watch they are trying to talk them down! It’s definitely the Exige that’s really ‘for the drivers’. Sure who doesn’t like a sports car without the depreciation but Emira owners seem more preoccupied with ‘turning heads’ and financial performance, Exige owners are more into turning corners and straight line performance! 😎

Edited by jimichanga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
33 minutes ago, duncx said:

Looking longer term, what was the list price of a LE Evora - £50K? A decent example will still fetch high £20s, so that's less than £2K per year depreciation. An absolute bargain for a car like this 

It's a good point you make...inflation won't let Lotus keep them at £75ish K list...that one on CC may end up being cheaper than they are in 12 months.

Using an online inflation calculator, the £50k (without some options such as paint/wheels etc) of the LE Evora....the 2009 price would be nearly £73k today....not far off the Emira list price now.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator

Edited by mcdonaa
  • Like 1

Another one seems to have been added today..£104991 yellow

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212102424691

And another In Nimbus with Cameron Sportscars. Looks like several trade speculators were in early, not really surprising and can see again that they don’t actually have the car yet. Be more interesting to see them being sold, plus or minus £100k? Would have thought early mid £90’s a respectable result.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14296820