Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review - Page 4 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review

Niffty951

I've only just read this so I'm late to the party. Thanks for posting. It is important for us to read bad experiences as well as good. The garage sounds like a good company to deal with. I don't think they could have been much fairer. The salesman you dealt with sounds brilliant. Good on him. I'm glad you are happy with the outcome. I would never buy any car without giving it a full inspection first. Especially this type of car. Alls well that ends well.

• Gold FFM

That sounds like a much better experience 👍 Great cars that really get under your skin...but strangely not immediately (I had the same initial doubts). Interestingly my Evora is number 59 in the count of cars I've owned (but 4th Lotus).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Nice write up! And yes - it was strange that the 911 and Evora were compared as frequently as they were without that observation of the very different places they’re coming from. Not driven a 991, but Evora S is leagues ahead of 996/997 in terms of the steering/ride/handling/brakes/torque. 
Obviously not quite as easy as a daily though 🤣

But, as you say… more special every time you get in. 

" Any control you touch it instantly reacts, more immediate than any car I've driven before. It builds your confidence quickly. Speaking of which it's actually pretty quick!

and

It was a bit special and a bit of an event. That's pretty much how I feel about the Evora at this early stage. I'll keep you posted as time and experience grow."

Is this your first Lotus?

I could have said much the same about my Elan plus 2 (my first Lotus experience) and that magic 'feel' has never left me and keeps me with at least one Lotus in the garage.

The only other car that comes close is the Mclaren 540 I drove some 45 years later.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Niffty951 said:

As a consequence it's instantly compromised as a road car. It's hard to get into, hard to see out of, cramped and focused.. 

Sorry, I totally disagree with those statements.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rambo said:

Sorry, I totally disagree with those statements.

The question I'd ask is, if you'd just got home in it and parked it up. Then needed to go out to the co-op for milk 2 mins away. Would you grab the keys to the Evora or the VW Polo.

For me it'd be the Polo for ease of parking both ends, getting into and out of the car.

Where as the 911 just isn't any less convenient than a Polo. That's the difference (for me).

You be sensible and take VW even if think the 911,is equally as practical to use 

however the sense of attention and theatrics when in Evora you do want to use every time 

for me I see a Porsche every day everywhere you go so it doesn’t capture any attention but people take a double look when in Evora 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

I've got 2 replacement hips and I don't have a problem. As long as you push the seat back it's easy. I can see an Elise/Exige being problematic though 🤔

My car had worn seat rails from being moved every time the PO got in - as a result the seat wobbled about in my driving position (which was further back than his). One of the reasons I changed the seats as the new rails were ££!

Somebody has to say it: most Porsches are as boring and common as a Polo, just faster. On the rare occasions I got to drive one (928 and 996) it didn't feel special at all. For me, a Lotus is usually the car of choice, regardless of the trip.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

928 from 1987 onwards are pretty special. I owned a few, 2004 to 2022. Loved them, great cabin, ooze class, good revvy V8. 

Evora NA purchased in 2018 killed 928 for me. Evora just as practical (+2), great GT but awesome on fast A and B roads. Suspension ride and steering just left the 928 dead. I couldn't be happy driving the Porsche after Evora. 

I still adore 928.... I'd just rather be in Evora.

Evora - you murdered 928! 

Justin