Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Collection Day Nightmare - 6 mile review

Niffty951

Because of your troubles I would get the dealer to put new tyres on and to deliver the car to you once they have it all sorted. The least they can do for trying to sell a car not properly serviced. Are you able to name the garage. 

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
4 hours ago, EGTE said:

The Ackerman is a feature of the Pirellis (which most of us gleefully replace with PS4/PS4S anyway).

Not the tyres fault at all, I also got it/get it on Michelin Cup2's and PSPSPSPSPSPS4SPSPS or whatever they are called....

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

3 hours ago, pete said:

Because of your troubles I would get the dealer to put new tyres on and to deliver the car to you once they have it all sorted. 

Good point, as long as they don't fit Kwik Shit Ditchfinders. Could save you the best parg of £900/1000.

What a dreadful experience. I’d be worried about what would break next, and so I would take it back for a refund. Sounds to me like Mr. Nice Guy the dealer didn’t bother to inspect it, or drive it, prior to sale. Being nice and helpful also means you feel less inclined to drive it through his showroom window, or ask for said refund.

Margate Exotics.

6 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

Forgot to say

i have owned my car for 5 years and for very first time I joined the local lotus cars on their Sunday morning drives around Leicestershire Notts area.

I said to myself on way home WHY did I leave for 5 years ! I learned a lot about my car and driving skills and more importantly a bunch of nice people are lotus owners 

I could be wrong but your car may in fact have been one of the reasons I ended up buying an Evora, I kept seeing a red one with a rather potent exhaust being driven as intended near the M69 and A5 junction area :) sounded fabulous although be warned the noise, which made me smile, was audible for about 5 miles after the car had gone from sight.

Also, pleasingly those aluminium buttons are still available from Lotus, set of three switches part number B132M0038F if interested

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

Not Clive then :D

Yes I can testify it not me although it’s part of my domain 

I have a lotus sports exhaust but I think it’s pretty tame and I am unlikely to be driving it that hard to heard 5 miles away 😳

• Haha 1

Pressure washing an engine is never a good idea. Especially a petrol engine. The military went to great lengths to water proof the ignition on the old Land Rovers, but no reason to expect that from an engine in a ordinary car (or that same engine transplanted in an extraordinary car). Most connectors may be waterproof, but the high tension plug leads wont be. I would never pressure wash an engine, steam cleaning is a lot better, but at removing grease and avoiding excess water pressure to cause problems.

I can understand you're a bit reluctant now, but on the bright side there is an obvious cause. Which does rasie the question why the dealer let that valet company lose on the car... Still, the dealer has so far proven they will step up if need be.  Go get it back and start enjoying it, your smile can only grow bigger with each mile. 😉

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I think the plugs that would be affected are on top of the engine and fairly easy to see. I don't have the car in front of me right now and I don't have a supercharger bolted to the top of mine, but I know there are a number of electrical plugs on top of the engine which are super easy to access and should be obvious to you with the engine cover off.

Not sure they need improving though, they are essentially open to the elements, as per the rest of the engine and they are absolutely fine for everyone, so I suspect pressure washing specifically was not a good idea (which is generally accepted on all cars I think!).

I rarely have a reason to use a pressure washer on a Lotus or similar. Unless it's one that applies the car shampoo. In that case you can go gentle on the pressure and/or keep a reasonable distance from the bodywork. Which means there's little or no risk pointing it at the louvred tailgate.

It's a different story if you go at the engine full blast and close up in an attempt to remove a couple years' of crud without putting in much effort.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

5 hours ago, r3nault said:

So for those who have the louvred rear window, do they need to avoid pressure washing at certain angles?

Certainly would not pressure wash mine near the rear window or anywhere really. Bucket and sponge....maybe the odd hose.

Many years ago went to test drive a Rover 820, had real problems driving it, lucky to get back to the dealer, he did not believe me, so went out in it with him driving. Same issues, he almost burnt out the clutch getting it back, he said the car was fine before, but they had pressure washed it.... Having remembered that would never consider pressure watching any engine.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Never ever get water near the engine bay of an esprit then.

the angles spark plug recess holes fill with water and the car then does it’s best to imitate a john Deere.

get out and drive that car in anger - but if them tyres are 10tears old replace them 🤪

Only here once

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Certainly would not pressure wash mine near the rear window or anywhere really. Bucket (ideally x2, and with grit guards) and lambswool or microfibre mitt....maybe the odd hose.

FTFY, :P.

13 hours ago, Nathan Pitman said:

I had an Exige Cup 430 with the louvred rear deck, never had any issues pressure washing that.

Same on my Evora Sport 410 with the carbon louvre, no issue at all with using my jet washer though I don't tend to stick it between the louvres anyway as don't see the point. Just use it like any other body area.

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Just to clarify my earlier post, I did mean washing the exterior of the car with a louvred window. I have never washed inside an engine bay!

Hopefully for OP there won’t be too many lingering issues.