Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Market Watch - Page 90 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Market Watch

rizla603104

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

https://www.brightwells.com/timed-sale/5524/lot/672756?returnUrl=%2ftimed-sale%2f5524

we were biding on this one for Danny to enjoy.  Went for a bit more than I expected and the external paintwork on the car is horrible. The inside not good, passenger door doesn’t open, both door frames badly aligned and front suspension hasn’t been replaced as part of the nut and bolt rebuild. The rear deck lid is badly filled and I’m sure a modified glass back panel from a turbo car. Someone did get a fair deal though I suspect and it was interesting that many cars sold for strong money after some really turbulent sales late last year.

• Like 1

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

I keep wondering why somebody would buy a car like that and then never drive it, ever... Such a shame. Let's hope she finds a good home with an owner willing to make the necessary effort to be able to enjoy as intended.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

I know folks whom have paintings that are worth more hanging on walls of their houses. Why not have such an iconic vehicle to look at.

a friend of mine has a bloody motorbike on his cinema wall as a feature 

Only here once

6 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

a friend of mine has a bloody motorbike on his cinema wall as a feature 

Must be a fan of horror films?  Hopefully not a family members blood

• Haha 2

On 02/03/2024 at 20:55, Escape said:

It's like having a gymnast supermodel girlfriend and only looking at her instead of, well, you know, having some more fun. 😁

I'd just put my back out. Getting in the Esprit that is.... :)

• Haha 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

I've started looking for an S1 Esprit and was surprised the one linked below doesn't seem to have been discussed on here yet.  With so few advertised and changing hands publicly, it's difficult to gauge what market prices are, let alone factor in condition, mileage, provenance, originality.  This one looks at the top end price-wise, but had a major mechanical, body/paint and interior restoration in 2017.  Are any previous owners on her, anyone know the car or been to look at it?  Seems to have been advertised for at least 3-4 months.

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/16135116

In a different vein, this one is mid renovation and hence there are options to buy now and finish or await completion.  Anyone know about this car?

https://www.carandclassic.com/l/C1702712

If you know of any others available let me know.  I'll post in Wanted too.

• Like 1

@LOTUSMAN33is selling this S1 project.

I think the other one is owned by Tomorrow's Classics near Bristol, but is being sold by UK Sportscars.

@Suddabym may know or have seen the S1 up close as it was at Tomorrow's Classics when they built his gold S2 restomod.

Any classic at the top end of the market will usually take a while to sell. Awaiting the right buyer etc.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

Thanks David, it’s a space thing once done which is always my issue.

I’ve not committed to a sale yet as refused a deposit so just verbals giving me flexibility, if I’m finishing it for someone else I might as well do it for myself. Either way it’s going for paint this month 👍🏻

One person wants white and the other orange.

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Do it half and half. Down the middle. One side white, the other orange. It will at least keep @Paul Coleman happy half of the time. Just don't tell him. 🤪

• Haha 1