Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 27 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

On another point.

Went to B&Q this morning as I needed a screw!

Parked at the far end of the car park, and when I got back to the car, yup, some dickhead had parked right next me and close enough that I couldn't get the super wide Merc E-Cab door open enough to comfortable get in as my pie shaped belly was in the way. There were about 30 spaces all around us. But no, the dick had to park right next to me.

I was so fed up I just said f@@k it and swung the door open into his door, and got in without being too careful thinking if you wanna park like a twat then I'll behave like a twat. It really does beggar belief just how stupid some people are.

I then went to McDonalds on the retail park to get a coffee (I'm a tight arse, £1.50 at MickD's versus £3.70 at Startwats) and sat in the car drinking my coffee. Just people watched. There were plenty of wide open empty spaces in the retail car park but what amazed me was the attempts people would make to literally squeeze into the most difficult or tight spaces, when literally, 10m away there were like 10 spaces in a row empty and dead easy to get in to.

You had the usual Audi's and the SUV owners taking up two spaces, and the odd plonker in one of those pickup things who parked as though he was a single cell amoeba.

What is with people, basic common sense, and car parking?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Common sense is all but common, you should know that by now. 😉

And yes, watching people can be fun, makes waiting in the car less tedious.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
On 15/10/2023 at 22:58, C8RKH said:

On another point.

Went to B&Q this morning as I needed a screw!

Parked at the far end of the car park, 

Incorrect establishment and parking at the far end of the carpark won’t fool anybody.

(answering for a friend)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67144756 Why has this man been treated so badly. Surely some sort of interim payment and housing could have been sorted out for him asno one denies hehas been wrongly convicted

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

1 hour ago, pete said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-67144756 Why has this man been treated so badly. Surely some sort of interim payment and housing could have been sorted out for him asno one denies hehas been wrongly convicted

I've just read it. He himself has chosen to live in a tent. He's also managed to travel to Amsterdam, back to London, and is now living in Seville "on benefits" which the UK government will be paying because the Spanish government sure as shit won't. Why Seville? To be fair, the weather here is crap at the moment.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Shaking my head at myself!  MoT today; 22 miles recorded in the last year.  Shameful.

GT3_MoT_Oct2023.jpg.b6b21501c6b2127cfd771883aa538720.jpg

• Sad 4

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

10 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Shaking my head at myself!  MoT today; 22 miles recorded in the last year.  Shameful.

Ah….Did it pass then ;) 
Dave mention any underside ‘fuel’ pipes this year? :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I know someone who'll put a few miles on that beauty for you :D

Yep, I told Gary that just for him I’d take it for a blast 😛 looking clean though! :) 

• Haha 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I know someone who'll put a few miles on that beauty for you :D

Yeah, but that's 20 miles each in 'Bibs' miles.

16 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Think how much those 20 miles have cost in terms of insurance 🤔

PS Did it fail on iilegal spacing of numbers/letters?

That's a perfectly valid aircraft registration format, your honour.

@internets naturally, duh. 😉

I put him straight at the outset about them fuel pipes.  Plenty of underside work to do next Spring though, so I won't be booking any cars in...

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Of course, I should add balance in that I did countless miles in various Lotus types owned by others.

The fastest Bibs mile to date was about 18.5 seconds! They don't take long but that means I could have beaten your mileage in the last 12 months in less than 7 minutes, err, in Germany!  :D

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

Every day, I wake up and offer thanks to the creator that you missed driving my GT3 by a whisker on the Hethel track.

• Haha 1

I drove from Welwyn to Dulwich College and back on Sunday - straight down the A41 through London. Once inside the North Circular, everywhere seemed to be 20mph. And south of the river it was worse, loads of speed cameras, with these

image.png

yet on the road next to the camera this

image.png

Very few 20mph repeater signs, but loads of the above.

And what is with the Bus Lanes "At All Times", yet people parking in them.

The car tax rules are a joke, look at the difference from buying a Jeep GC V8 - one reg 1st March 2017 and one registered a month later, difference is huge. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2023 at 16:54, Bibs said:

The fastest Bibs mile to date was about 18.5 seconds! They don't take long but that means I could have beaten your mileage in the last 12 months in less than 7 minutes, err, in Germany!  :D

Being that fast is never something for a man to boast about!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!