Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 226 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Driving home through Harpenden after dropping my daughter back at school, I stopped off here to get a take away.

godfrey-s.jpg

Godfrey's (godfreyschips.com)

It was a really great fish and chips. If you are in the area, try it.

Last time I went (on a Friday evening), we had to queue for an hour.

• Like 1

@KennyN  ooooooohh shiny, very nice.

Your gonna enjoy that just go easy, I don't want to see another Lotus upside down on a fence(one is enough).  I Like the number plate but are we going to have to call you Kenneth now? 

Hopefully get to see your car at Thruxton (and you of course)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, windymiller said:

birthday today and a gift voucher to tour the emira production line with a pal of mine !!!! boom 🥰 been once before several years ago and that what got me lurving the evora !!! 

congrats and have a good visit - taking the Lotus?

• Like 2

C8RKH,

Wow!  Fascinating aka Mr. Spock.  What a great superpower to possess.  My superpower is inflexibility.  I am Captain Inflexible.  Yep, not the greatest superpower I admit.

Do you fall asleep easily while driving (i.e. Narcolepsy or Sleep Apnea might be an issue)? 

Have you had a sleep study performed?  It's typically done over 2 nights.  One night without any sleep aides and other with a CPAP. Yes, it's a pain in arse because you're hooked up to about 12 wires (head, chest, legs).

My sleep apnea was so bad in my younger days that I would fall asleep while driving.  The apnea was the cause in this situation. 

If you want to find out more then I suggest contacting a neurologist for testing.  Otherwise, you are Captain Power Sleeper.  I think we both need costumes for our incredible superpowers.  

• Haha 1

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

I've just moved from a CPAP to an APAP and it is much better but I agree, they are a chain around your neck (literally sometimes!). This one has a 4G card and they can check up on usage remotely which is an encouragenent to remember to use it! 

I'm pretty sure that the Inspire isn't available in the UK yet. If it were and approved by the NHS, it would be free of charge at the point of usage, our taxes fund the NHS entirely. If it were available privately before approved by the NHS, there would be a price attached. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Bibs,

Inspire has remote monitoring as well through the Inspire application.  My recent CPAP has this as well.  Remote monitoring is a great tool.  I have no choice to use it because otherwise I'd be sleeping in the basement or hotel.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

35 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@bogle I managed to read it all without nodding off, so thanks and a great post!

I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3 hours in one go, but I'm not diagnosed with anything or on anything. I can go to be bed at 1000 at night. Be asleep by 1003 (usually wifey will start a conversation when i go to bed, then........) Never had a problem falling asleep.

Sometimes I wonder if I went to sleep for 8 hours whether I'd actually wake up.

This is me too! I wake up at least 3 times a night even if I am exhausted. Only time I sleep for longer is when i am drunk.....and I don't mean "Drunk" I mean "Drunk Drunk!" then I only wake once.

Then I read an article about Multi Phasic Sleeping also called Segmented sleeping. It appears that that was the way we were back in antiquity, sleep too long and you got eaten by something.

So maybe we are just Neanderthal @C8RKH 

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

So maybe we are just Neanderthal @C8RKH 

What's this "maybe" thing?

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!