Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 164 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

Nah, that front's a bit low!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

You should try Tesco for whisky rather than Scotland.

Saves a fortune on fuel, and you generally don't get frostbite or sodden. And there's a bonus in as much as no translation is required during the process*.

*Exclusions apply.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

You don't get out much, do you?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

31 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Can't deny that's impressive stuff. He must have searched absolutely ages to find an article on a 1.3 Vauxhall Astra estate.

It was actually the Talbot Solara that swung it!  Lovely car that :)

Image result for talbot solara

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It was actually the Talbot Solara that swung it!  Lovely car that :)

Image result for talbot solara

Indeed it was, Andy.

My mum had the 5-door 'Alpine' version, which gave sterling service for many years, even after somebody :whistle:over-revved it during a demon overtake one day, breaking a rocker arm (fortunately for an inlet valve) and limping it home on 3 cylinders.

Well spec'd car for its time (1978) too - electronic ignition, central locking, electric windows and such like.

Just sorted a painter out to sort a few issues with my Evora. Local one man band, but used to be at Lotus for 25 years as painter and line supervisor, knows dad and dad really rates him. He did dads Merc a while back. Whole front end, bumper and bonnet, all the black grills and black sills. He will remove the red sticker pinstripe off the Splitter and side Boards and paint a line on, laquering it to ensure it doesn't get damaged by the outdoor cover like the pinstripe has. All for £850. Plus he will take the wheels off and drop them off and collect again at a local Powder coat company for free! And touch up anything we have missed looking over it. Then he will treat the paint with a 5 year paint sealant. Will let you know how it goes!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

13 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Just sorted a painter out to sort a few issues with my Evora. Local one man band, but used to be at Lotus for 25 years as painter and line supervisor, knows dad and dad really rates him. He did dads Merc a while back. Whole front end, bumper and bonnet, all the black grills and black sills. He will remove the red sticker pinstripe off the Splitter and side Boards and paint a line on, laquering it to ensure it doesn't get damaged by the outdoor cover like the pinstripe has. All for £850. Plus he will take the wheels off and drop them off and collect again at a local Powder coat company for free! And touch up anything we have missed looking over it. Then he will treat the paint with a 5 year paint sealant. Will let you know how it goes!

Good luck! I hope it goes well for your sake, nothing worse than coming to collect what should be a good job and it isn't! Would love to see a before and after

37 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Good luck! I hope it goes well for your sake, nothing worse than coming to collect what should be a good job and it isn't! Would love to see a before and after

The laqeur is lifting on the front from stone chips in numerous places and the black grills have all gone rusty. Plus the Sills look like they have been shot blasted and the red strip is coming off the splitter and barge boards. Up close it looks a mess so needs doing. This guy has more experience with Lotus shells and fibre glass than any of the professional outfits I know, who will charge me 3 times as much. Plus he did a superb job on the old mans Merc. It was silver and you know how hard silver is to match!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

The Range Rover has just passed its MOT with the only advisory being  stonechip on the windscreen that was first reported ten years ago! (Gavin from Autoglass can sod off if he thinks his resin is going to be injected anywhere near me.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillC said:

This....

https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/18/cyclist-ordered-pay-compensation-woman-stepped-front-looking-phone-9996411/

Might make cyclists think twice about not having insurance!! Should be compulsory!!

You didn't read into that deep enough from other sources.... Moronic woman looking down at her phone stepped out into the road on a green light for traffic.  I hate cyclists but on this occasion they have punished the wrong person.  

If you are looking at your phone, you are not in control, even as a pedestrian.  We get these morons all the time in Aberdeen. Seen a few run down as a result of randomly stepping out whilst looking at their phone.

• Like 1

No, she didn't step out into his path. She was one of a group of people walking across the road and was at the tail end of this group. He decided that "Green means go no matter what hazards are ahead" and they did the whole both move to the left, both move to the right dance before contact was made. 

They were both deemed responsible for the incident, but he should have taken a lot more care around those already established on the road ahead and not relied upon sounding his bicycle horn to absolve him from riding with more consideration towards other, more vulnerable road users.

17 hours ago, Fueltheburn said:

You didn't read into that deep enough from other sources.... Moronic woman looking down at her phone stepped out into the road on a green light for traffic.  I hate cyclists but on this occasion they have punished the wrong person.  

If you are looking at your phone, you are not in control, even as a pedestrian.  We get these morons all the time in Aberdeen. Seen a few run down as a result of randomly stepping out whilst looking at their phone.

I read deep enough!!!

Don't actually care who was to blame, my point is that cyclists should take out insurance!!!

25 minutes ago, PhillC said:

I read deep enough!!!

Don't actually care who was to blame, my point is that cyclists should take out insurance!!!

So by your thinking should pedestrians take out insurance too? She was in the wrong and it seems strange to me that though the judge aportioned 50:50 blame one person gets a payout and tge other gets bankruptcy. Take away prejudice re cyclists and this is not justice. By this reasoning a gormless twat on their phone walks in front of your car and you're liable. Law is all about precedent and this is worrying. She is just anotger one of the "it's never my fault always someone else to blame" brigade. Shocking really.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

So by your thinking should pedestrians take out insurance too? She was in the wrong and it seems strange to me that though the judge aportioned 50:50 blame one person gets a payout and tge other gets bankruptcy. Take away prejudice re cyclists and this is not justice. By this reasoning a gormless twat on their phone walks in front of your car and you're liable. Law is all about precedent and this is worrying. She is just anotger one of the "it's never my fault always someone else to blame" brigade. Shocking really.

Yes - what is totally shocking is that this ended up in court AT ALL! Christ on a bike - haven't the legal system got more important things to do?

He is criticised for not taking enough care - however, as reported, he sounded a horn AND swerved - the fact that they collided was surely not a cause for ending up in court. If the judge has attributed 50:50 blame then how does one side have to pay out? Utter nonsense. Apparently pedestrians have a right of way over cyclists in the same way the cyclists have right of way over motorised vehicles. From the point of view protecting the most vulnerable - I totally get this BUT surely that DOES NOT negate the 'weakest' party from taking responsibility for their own actions. Drivers are banned from using mobiles at the wheel, why shouldn't pedestrians be banned from using them in ignorance to those around them?

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I have witnessed people walking into bus stops and lamp posts while texting and walking. Makes my day because can't see how they can be so blindly unaware of their surroundings.

For the record, I text and walk yet can still see a solid 6 feet ahead. Use your peripherals!

Also, agreed, how does 50/50 still mean one side pays out?

• Gold FFM

You don't get out much, do you?