Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 181 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Today I found a task  that's almost as enjoyable as re-shimming a 9xx head (I'm sure some such as @Sparky will know how relaxing that can be). Re-pinning a door lock (Euro cylinder to be precise). Even dropping the little bits once in a while didn't cause stress, it's weird that these sort of jobs can be so relaxing.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Yes!  I love doing that stuff.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Finally used the last supermarket brand tea bag I received as a substitution in a food delivery shop during lockdown, so my next cup of tea in the morning will be a proper pyramid PG tips cuppa. :)

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

We could start a "tea war" here but I do like the Yorkshire blend.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I like Yorkshire Tea @C8RKH, but that is best when actually in Yorkshire, which unfortunately didn't happen (although given COVID and resulting job situation for the boys had we gone that way I think the whole move would have been off anyway). Lower Bourne is proving a very nice alternative.

Just taking my first sip of PG Tips, yum :yes:

Dad do you know the piano is on my foot?

• Like 1

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

I'm on my second pot already!  I think we're on Tetley right now lol...

I don't know how you can drink tea down south with that scummy water!  I only drink Coffee when I travel south of Stoke as the water is that shite around the home counties.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Scummy you say, it must have been "filtered" through a dozen people already :P

Yes, and each and every one of those dozen human filters had contributed to the floaters in the cup!   Yuck!

The small print.

Probably why I drink coffee when south for work then...

The small print.

Aye, but it's not proper.

This didn't make me happy today but it did a couple of days ago, I've just been a bit busy since. 🙂

I had a surprise visit in the form of a TLF Courier delivering parts and tools. Here is one in action...

IMG_8372_1024.jpg.041ebc2705a70cd4b6fd0bcec1137483.jpg

and here's some of what it pulled out...

IMG_8374_1024.jpg.145ed3dc29c2b2a3abe563e76e4e8088.jpg

soon to be replaced by some shiny new ones from Westwood ones after the block has been given a proper once over and clean. 🙂

Thanks @Bibs for such great service.

cheers

-Chris

• Like 2

There are some perks to the M25... not many. Still had some fun where I could, but my god that was a tedious 4 hours of driving!

Silver lining I guess is the thirsty girl isn't that thirsty if you whack on some tunes and cruise control! 

20200720_110635.jpg

What made me happy (yesterday) finding the fix to no cruise control on the Evora was as simple as crawling under the dash and re connecting the potentiometer getting rid of the 30s spanner light  ... Quickly followed by what made me sad 2 new orange lights , tyre pressure warning caused by a nail in the tyre and the MIL caused by what appears to be an oxygen sensor fail !!!

I think I should start a new thread - What made you proud today!

I am very proud of my 8 year old granddaughter Betsy. On her own she read an article about children who have cancer and lose their hair and have to get a wig. So she decided she wanted to give her own hair to the charity  that supports and makes wigs for children. Her mother wasn't too  keen but Betsy insisted. 

Im very proud of her and feel very happy. If anyone would like to donate, underneath are some details. MODERATORS. If this isnt allowed please just remove it. Many thanks.

3e7a4dc9d866fda15331414a9072da97.svg

f8ea2d01-7ccc-4986-8bd7-89637bd437c0.jpg

Story

For those of you that know Betsy, you will know how much she loves her long hair. So for her to decide that she wants to donate it to someone who isn’t as lucky as she is, has made us immensely proud! 

It costs over £550 for The Little Princess Trust to donate a wig free of charge. We would love to be able to send as much money as we can, along with Betsy’s hair, to help provide a little girl with something that she should never have had to lose in the first place. 

Please donate as much as you can, it would mean the world to Betsy.  

When a child loses their hair to cancer or another condition, we'll be there with a free, real hair wig to help restore their confidence and identity. We won't stop until the research that we fund ends childhood cancer forever. Promise.Please visit us at www.littleprincesses.org.uk to find out how you can help us give young people back what cancer takes away.The Trust relies solely on the efforts of enthusiastic community fundraisers. We receive no formal funding. Please help to raise money for us so that we can help more families.

Rachel Ellis

Betsys brave hair cut

Betsy is having her long hair cut short! for Little Princess Trust because she wants to donate it

DonateFacebook

e595e21d-b658-4210-8480-283ec2017b5a.jpgLittle Princess Trust

Little Princess Trust

We provide wigs to children with cancer to restore their confidence and identity.

Charity Registration No. 1176160

Little Princess Trust

Little Princess Trust

When a child loses their hair to cancer, we'll be there with a free, real hair wig to help. We won't stop until the research that we fund ends childhood cancer forever. Please visit us at www.littleprincesses.org.uk to find out how you can help influence the outcomes of childhood cancers.

Charity Registration No. 1176160

Find out more about charity fundraising

• Like 2

Finally managed to have an emergency dentist's appointment today having had an appointment cancelled in the week before lockdown, and having an on-off toothache from a week after lockdown.

I did phone 111 as advised in May, spent half an hour on the phone. The advice given was, you need to see a dentist.... No shit sherlock.

Anyhow, had a cracked tooth that had split in half vertically, and I don't have the tooth ache anymore - see the "What made you Unhappy" thread. 

Been using my Lotus as my daily driver for 3 days now. My new Car arrives in the morning. Not sure I should have bothered as the Evora is such a lovely drivers car.........though my license may not last too long if I keep using it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

@Kimbers  Know exactly what you mean ... that is the reason that I decided to sell mine ☹️. They just beg to go faster.

Definitely missing it already but the head needs to win occasionally  🤠.

M.