Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 140 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

If he had his tools in the van, beating the door back into shape and being able to continue with his work will surely work out much cheaper than having to buy and wait for replacements.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Maybe but at the moment is arguing with insurance as overnight supposed to be on his driveway but he left it at the local pub😠

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The devil is always in the detail. He'll not win that fight I wager. My two Hethel beauties need to be in my garage overnight for my insurance, obviously, if they are at home. I doubt arguing I left them in the pub car park just down the road would win me any arguments.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Leaving a work van overnight in a pub car-park is probably asking for trouble. Still better than the van driving idiots round here who come charging into the pub car park after work, have a skin full and then drive home again 4 hours later.

21 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Hope he has luck with the approach of the van is usually at home on the drive and this was an exceptional night...

I doubt that would cut it. Hope to be proven wrong.

I hate thieving scumbags. Chop off their left hand. Then if they continue to thief, their right hand. Pure scum.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Wording on mine is it needs to be in my garage between 10pm and 6am if within a mile of home.  ie Further afield when we're away would be insured as normal.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

Isn't the phrasing that it's 'usually' at home overnight? If not, every car which is in a hotel car park when people are working away would be uninsured! 

No it is not. It is specifically worded that, for instance, if the car is at home and you have said it is garaged, then it needs to be garaged between the times specified.

I think the question will be how far is the pub from home, and if it is walkable, I think the insurance co will try to wriggle out.

The "away on business" thing is a red herring @bibs - the clause is around where you have declared the car will be parked at home, overnight. Otherwise, as you say it would be a bloody stupid situation.

• Gold FFM

Just remember that if away at a hotel for work - then be careful.

social domestic and pleasure with commuting - that covers to a single place of work usually and not hotel stays. Better just mentioning it was a tinder hook up if the worst were to happen.

Only here once

That's a very good point @Barrykearley and I've found that adding "Business Use" to my fully comp has not added anything on to my premium for my DD or for my Evora. I limit the "business" miles to 2k per year and did it for when I needed to leave the car at the airport for when travelling to/from business meetings.

• Like 1

He's sound like a bit of a knob, and I'm not sure how you can call a 40 second clip a review.

He didn't like the Esprit either - didn't enjoy driving it, feels bit unstable, so low down, horrible noise. Not sure he is

TVR Chimera - not much room inside, I won't bother starting it up, it is loud and unpleasant.

Corvette Stingray - nice to look at, feels unstable, dated.

Porsche Spider 718 - hard to drive

Rover P5B - Nice "little" old car.

• Haha 1

He needs to work on his skills, a lot LOT, to make that pass for irony. As it is, he's just proving what a knob he is.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 16/12/2023 at 10:57, jep said:

JPS Twingo, I didn't know it existed:

I feel sad it does after seeing those pictures.

• Like 1