Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 143 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Here you go: https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1441730

Would be great if you could save it/ restore to former glory.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Escape Thanks. It's tempting, price is in the right ball park, but not sure about it being a US car that needs to get UK papers, I don't know what's involved with that. My experiences with the DVLA and registrations have not been the best.

Shortage of photos of the engine and running gear, but I'm sure that he would supply them, at least the seats are original as they are difficult to get and I don't have any spare. Speedo is original too.

Needs a bit of a think, but tempting....

• Like 1

Just the right size to get along to the charger. 

image.jpeg.9c778028862ea34e2a17e02943aaa872.jpeg

• Haha 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Whilst I can admire the engineering skill in the engine build/modifications, I am not too keen on the looks!

Regards, Geek

Geek squad 3.jpg

On 08/02/2024 at 19:57, ChrisJ said:

Had a 3500 V8 in turmeric yellow for about 6 months, preferred the interior of it to my fathers Jags. Also saw them racing at Silverstone back in the day.  Handling not great neither was fuel consumption.

My dad's first ever company car was a SD1 2300 in green - it rusted out within a year and had to go back. He replaced it with a SD1 2600 in Red. He had this for quite a while then he moved away from BL and replaced it with a Mk 3 Vauxhall Cavalier. I've always had a fondness for them - not the 2300 mind.

SD1 has much to be admired, the last great Rover. XJ6 the more interesting and complete automobile, the best of its type on debut 1968.

My yellow one, and a couple racing at Silverstone. Think there are some others pics from Silverstone somewhere. Seem to recall Jeff Allam and TWR racing?

image.jpeg.6986350d0373194e2f56ce46a7cd5483.jpeg

image.jpeg.8155a8ecd8dede6b6771881ed584f33e.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/02/2024 at 13:16, pete said:

So glad it was rebuilt. I'm sure it remains one of the most spectacular on-offs of an Elise that we will ever see. Though I expect that it would be a real challenge to handle on any real race track, probably rendering it slower than one would think. 

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

On 13/02/2024 at 21:21, jep said:

FB_IMG_1707859130078.jpg

As they say at McLaren "My daily driver is a Lotus (Cortina)" :hrhr:

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

We all need a family car at some point. 🙂

Maybe that's why the F1 had 3 seats. 😄

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'd have to chose the Jag. And then open a giant can of worms trying to fit a V12 as intended...