Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 112 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Dropped my Jeep off at LG Motors in Swaffham for an MOT and in their showroom they have an S3 Esprit in bits. They’ve bought it to restore. Apparently it has sat unused for 16 years, but from what I could see it didn’t look too bad. The doors, engine cover and front hatch had all been removed and everything looked pretty solid, the interior actually looked pretty good for something left untouched for 16 years.

It is a 1981 NA S3 and they plan to repaint it in its original black (currently it’s white). They have some nice other ‘modern’ classics in their showroom, so I think they’ll make a good job of it. It’s nice to see another being brought back to life.

I remember Kato had an amazing job done by them on his Esprit when they first opened up 15 or so years ago. Sad news, they were excellent! 

Give the Beaconsfield Workshop a look, they're the most comparable in terms of quality if you need any more work done and are factory approved (and a lot closer!). 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

32 minutes ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

Colour coded bumpers but black louvres. Respray?

Yes Kevin. It’s been resprayed by a PO. To be honest, yellow isn’t my cup of tea. I’m planning for a color change with correct black bumpers and mirrors soon. 

Ad initium

I find that the colour coded bumpers make the car look longer and wider and somehow detract a little from its essential shape. This is of course a completely subjective and personal view. I do prefer the satin black bumper look and it will also be correct for an 83’ TE. After 4 years of ownership, I’ve pretty much gone through the whole car and I’ve invested a small fortune in parts and countless hours to get her to a good level. It was needed and worth it. The car is in great shape now, drives and sounds great. The upcoming respray will complete that journey. 

Ad initium

On 15/12/2020 at 12:47, Gis said:

At an Esso tie-in photoshoot with some Singapore classic car club members today. The lovely E-type is chassis #1 with the 4.2 litre engine. Nice contrasting colors.

I love that yellow

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I’m shipping my JPS to you Dan, case of beer do it? 😂

Dave happy to do it, I do it all by hand as too scared to use a machine so it takes forever, you need a decent playlist and once it is finished for the night gin, beer then wine. 

The problem with this approach is you wake up with a hangover and the only thing you don’t want to do is polish a car. The offer is there but let me fuck up Sparkles GT3 first 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM