Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Festival 2018 - Page 41 - Lotus 70th Anniversary Party @ Lotus Cars - 29th September 2018 - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

We had a really enjoyable day and were very impressed with the event and the super weather made it perfect! We've owned our Elise for a long time now and this has restored my Lotus mojo! 

Many thanks to all those involved in the organisation, we appreciated your efforts!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
58 minutes ago, JerryS said:

I was going round thinking how could this day get any better? – Then heard Clive say on the PA that Hazel would be attending.

It was great to finally get to visit the factory. With the future looking so positive and so many key people from the past there it was all so good.

Thanks Bibs for getting SLOC along. Great to be there on such a fantastic day!

DSC02900.JPG

Nice to have a pic of my car with Clive and Hazel in it. B-)

May I ask for an original please Jerry? :thumbup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LJR said:

@Bibs Thanks for putting together a fantastic day. We both enjoyed it enormously. @JNW3 it was great to meet and chat with you. @Sparky thanks for the advice we made it home eventually. @Dan E and @makkyh good to see you again and to everyone else I chatted too thanks for giving me a chance to share my enthusiasm.

p.s. would love to get one of those Lotus 70 fence banners too.

Great to meet you too Lucas and delighted you made it home! Did it turn out to be the handbrake then?! ;) 

• Haha 2

Excellent job Bibs, well done :thumbup:  Can't believe the weather either after the weekend before. Great deal on the Dunston Hall room Friday night too, it was huge and even had it's own ensuite  patio :) not to mention the five wild bunnies on the grass !

Martyn :welcome:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Loose Cannon said:

Epic.

Does anyone know if Clive Chapman and Ollie Winterbottom's brief interviews made it onto video? I heard them both on the tannoy but the official Lotus coverage on Youtube doesn't include them for some reason.

Also did Hazel say a few words, I didn't see or hear her although Clive announced she arrived midday?

MJK's is on You Tube :) 

10 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Yes well at least Ollie's was. Did make me laugh when he was talking about his book and the review :lol: He looks a bit of a fearsom charecter but when he started talking his passion and humor came across.

buddsy

He's my Godfather (Though he had conveniently forgotten that last time we spoke). He's a lovely guy TBH, bit like MJK in that he knows what he likes and doesn't have time for fools. Grew up with his kids and it was great to catch up with how they are getting on after a chat while the old man was off signing peoples cars!!

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Fantastic fun day in the sunshine, pretty much bumping into loads of people and chatting!  Huge apologies to @Escape and @LJR (PM me) for failing to catch up again later, but we had no choice but to route straight out after the track!  

Our journey home took over 9 hours, as we we chose a meandering route to check out some localities for our potential house move.  And we dropped in for a quick visit to the beautiful and historic Salisbury Cathedral.

Well done @Bibs for herding cats AND their kittens.

Norfolk?

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Norfolk?

Bit of a language barrier.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Thanks @JerryS for capturing the moment Hazel gave us a little wave as we pulled onto the pitlane. I had the good fortune to have a brief word with her 10 years ago when my Esprit won Car of the Show at the 60th Anniversary Celebrations. Now I have photo record of our Chapman connection. however tenuous and brief 😃

Could I be cheeky and ask you for a copy of your original photo? Many thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Yes well at least Ollie's was. Did make me laugh when he was talking about his book and the review :lol: He looks a bit of a fearsom charecter but when he started talking his passion and humor came across.

buddsy

Ollie is a riot. I have met him a few times due to my involvement with the 4 seaters, he'll talk to anyone at length, a lovely chap. When I spotted him at the 60th and collared him he couldn't believe anyone remembered who he was. Nice to see in the intervening 10 years he has had his profile lifted again somewhat. Also like Tony Rudd he is a gifted and entertaining writer.

• Like 1

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

On 30/09/2018 at 17:21, Bibs said:

TBC but it was discussed yesterday. Watch this space.

I think there was a 70th pin badge about, but I didn't see it on the merchandise stand. I would like to be able to buy one of those.

• Like 1

Just a great weekend, loved every minute of it, well done Bibs.  Well done everyone else who was involved in organising any part of it and everyone that brought their cars along.  I was blown away by pretty much everyone's cars, the condition they were all in was pretty amazing given the age of some of them, you could see how much love and care has gone in to them.

Loved driving round the track at the end, just great seeing all the cars to the left and right of me going past.

I was mentally fried after the drive up on Friday so we didn't stay long at the bbq, however my father's still banging on about the BBQ chicken  ("best chicken I've had in my life son").

• Like 2

@JNW3 we've narrowed it down to the handbrake, the fuel system and the flugelplunger valve

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LJR said:

@JNW3 we've narrowed it down to the handbrake, the fuel system and the flugelplunger valve

Problems maybe Lucas - but for me your Esprit was the nicest one I saw on Saturday........it’s in fantastic condition👏🏻👏🏻

Would have been nice to have mine there but just felt it a tad far.......so went with work car😬 Look after yours - she’s a beauty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stephenwhyte said:

Problems maybe Lucas - but for me your Esprit was the nicest one I saw on Saturday........it’s in fantastic condition👏🏻👏🏻

Would have been nice to have mine there but just felt it a tad far.......so went with work car😬 Look after yours - she’s a beauty

Thank you Stephen, it was good when I bought it but have been working to make it as good as it can be. Shame we didn't cross paths, would have liked to have a chat, you know as well as anyone how long term low usage causes issues but we're getting there.

Edited by LJR
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LJR said:

Thank you Stephen, it was good when I bought it but having been working to make it as good as it can be. Shame we didn't cross paths, would have liked to have a chat, you know as well as anyone how long term low usage causes issues but we're getting there.

Yeah - it’s a bit of a challenge........but I’m sure you know what you’re doing by now. I also passed by you on the return journey home.......but like I said I was in the work car so just passed by unnoticed😄 The Esprit looked great cruising on the A11 heading into the sun😎👌😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Modifier said:

My +2 is pictured below, did any of you spot it on the A11? if so what did it sound like?

Dsc_7558.jpg

I did, sounded good, I could hear it even with the 400 with the valve open. Mine is 1 row in front of the red exige just out of shot. 

• Thanks 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

• Gold FFM

The future in Geely's hands is looking great and the banner over head on the way out summed this well "see you next year" .........love to see Nigel Mansell next year in one of the old F1 cars :)

Never saw the banner with the see you next year, probably to busy gawking at all the other cars on site. But wow, wouldn't that be a blast. I might even make it with one of my own up and running.

What a fantastic event and surely seems to have put a real positive vibe into Lotus and owners both old, new and future. Just exactly what they all need now. I spoke with several staff while on the factory walkabout and everyone of them were very upbeat on the future and how things have changed.

Can I safely say. See you all there next year.  :scooter:

• Like 1

I've been to 3 events like this at Hethel........the infamous Wensum Valley trip for the 40th Anniversary of Lotus at Hethel.......then the 60th....and now the 70th......

and I must say they've all been a blast..........but I must say that with @Bibs help they've managed to make this one the best.....

and long may we have to keep coming back

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)