Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 152 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

@Messer - you still get the room in the back. You mean the 2 extra seats that on the majority (not all) of Evora's (just like with a 911, Jaguar XK etc) never get used?

You may be right, but then I think the "market" says you need +2 so now the market means you need +2. But it did not stop and does not stop the GT430 selling does it?

I think people just "play safe" even when buying a Lotus. Hence all the "black" interiors when Lotus offered some fantastic combinations.

Now that I am getting much older you realise that many Lotus cars are a like Lotus owners wife's. Looked at. Polished. Admired from a far. But never driven!  :)

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

What you do get in the 410, that the NA and even the S cannot compete with, is that noise!  That beautiful, ASBO loud, raucous, spine tingling, hair on the back of your neck stood up, wonderful noise!  

That is actually spot on and the only thing I would rather have/hear more of with the N/A - I’ve virtually got into the habit on each drive of getting into the car and pressing the button to open the exhaust valve with the same regularity as putting the seat belt on.

It is also the only negative comment I’ve ever heard from strangers in passing - Leaving Silverstone circuit I remember over hearing “Isn’t it quite” and yes it must have been if I could even hear that comment.

Love that purple 410 and wondering when it will eventually sell. A friend of mind walks past it on his way to work each day and keeps sending me pictures of it lol - this was from about 2 weeks ago.

E79301FA-5534-47ED-B549-6CFC9900A710.jpeg

• Like 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I would prefer a bit more noise on the NA but it's not that quiet. The LE was very quiet, could barely hear it. I find the SR with the exhaust in loud mode pretty good, it's not a patch on the 4xx cars for noise but it's not bad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TdM said:

I would prefer a bit more noise on the NA but it's not that quiet. The LE was very quiet, could barely hear it. I find the SR with the exhaust in loud mode pretty good, it's not a patch on the 4xx cars for noise but it's not bad.

Headers and a sports cat really does unleash a lovely level of noise in the NA and the S - not asbo loud, but very rewarding.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I know it's been discussed but I'm quite certain that you could make it sound quite close to the 400 with the a fraction of the amount of money you save over the 410 and a good exhaust engineer.

9 hours ago, electro_boy said:

I also think an induction kit makes a big difference to the sound of a NA engine and highly recommend it. 

Adding the Radium to mine made a huge difference to the sound, both the induction noise and to the exhaust. :thumbsup:

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I replaced the back box on my na with a switchable 2bular, nice sound normal, epic on bypass as it was essentially a straight through pipe 😁

• Like 1

I have been thinking about doing CAI but I assume there is only a couple of suppliers ? Also fitting is supposedly easy not that I would be likely to do it but my son just did his Fiesta ST and was a easy job apparently ?
I have a sports exhaust I think a lotus not sure as I can’t see any label or markings ?  

The optional sports exhaust from Lotus should have a janspeed tag on the silencer marked track use only. A Picture of standard and the sports as you can see there is a big difference. The sports exhaust delivers a good soundtrack and I am sure would satisfy most enthusiast.

DD219A34-C6F0-49C1-968F-41944DF920BB.jpeg

0F73E9FA-BC14-4A62-8311-8C07E20C8AE8.jpeg

• Like 2

For CAI suppliers:

Radium - US based, that I think have stopped making Evora CAI.  I guess the market is very small and they think they have saturated it.

BOE Fab - US based so will have to pay for shipping and duty etc ... but I believe is still sold.  They do versions for NA and S engines.

Komtec - do one for the S engines, I don't think they make one for the NA engine

Alias23 - do one for the V6 Exige which uses the same supercharged engine as the Evora.   He's on here and might be interested in developing one for the NA engine.  As far as I understand it's only the connection to the throttle body that is different.

ES motorsport - I think they can maybe put something together for you.  As far as I know they don't have a kit sitting on shelve but they have done it before and may be able to make you one.

Fitting looks OK a little bit tedious due to the restricted space in which to work but non of it looks hard.  There are detailed instructions on the BOE Fab and Alias23 websites and the steps are quire similar.  I got mine fitted by ES with a bunch of other mods, but I was planning on doing it my self and it didn't look that bad.

6 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

My understanding is that the plack is anything but a 'silencer'! 😂

😀😀it's 2 pipes then ,saves weight as well .

18 hours ago, electro_boy said:

I also think an induction kit makes a big difference to the sound of a NA engine and highly recommend it. 

Couldn't agree more, the Radium CAI on mine (when I had an launch edition NA one) was awesome. It raised the noise level inside but didn't make it anti-social from the outside (drive by) and track days were never an issue.

Note of caution though: my car had the sports exhaust which, with the Radium CAI and 2bular 3rd-cat delete pipe, was frankly bonkers loud. Sold the Radium (to Bibs) and it's ideal now.

Glad you like your CAIs guys, but if combined with too little muffling, it gets too much.

Yes agree, lots of mods to the induction and exhaust at the same time can be a bit on the loud side.  My car has extensive mods to both and is around 101db on the static test on track days so I'm limited to where I can take the car.  It is certainly on the loud side for an everyday car, not Lambo loud but it wont be for everyone.  Now the novelty has worn off a bit on the amazing symphony the engine makes, I have thought about a switchable back box to quieten it down for everyday driving.

If you have a standard car and you are looking to pep up the sound a little bit, in my opinion the CAI is first thing I would go for. You get more drama from the induction noise and it effects the exhaust note too.  Next up a decat pipe, then headers and finally back box.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I have @C8RKH's old NA

Less of the "old" and she still looks great!

The small print.