Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 222 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
19 hours ago, hamza said:

retrimmed both front seats in alcantara at Allon Whites

I assume this wasn’t cheap and was it colour and finish specified by yourself ? 
I was hoping to get my interior sorted but now need to get my teeth sorted and cost is close to £6k 

so it’s new teeth or new interior ? Lol 

Yes I picked the materials and design and agreed it all with Allon White who then did all the work.

Not cheap but a fair bit less than your new teeth! You could get three new interiors for the price of your teeth.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes the grey one is mine. I’ve had several viewings; feedback has been positive to say it’s a lovely example but they are on the fence to pull the trigger. Mainly they are saying things aren’t moving, but it’s nice to see the burnt orange one at the entry price sold, black with gold decal gone, which is similar and a couple of S also sold. 

Just waiting for that one person who’s looking for a Carbon Grey 😎 

• Like 2

Hi all, does anyone have a steer on what Evora GT410 Sports have recently sold for, or is anyone on here in the market for one? They're not my normal stock, but I'll have this 2019 coming in next week, manual, 11,000m, full history, alcantara interior and the full usual GT410 Sport spec with the lovely carbon etc. I'd be happy to make it the cheapest in the UK, if I can find a genuine buyer for it.....? Otherwise I may place it with a Lotus main dealer to sell, unsure yet what the best plan is!

GT410 Sport Evora.jpg

Lovely car Will.  I watch the classifieds for Evoras continuously and have a few trade contacts.  Given how slow the market is, and the potential for it to get significantly worse (which is what seems to be stopping people from taking the plunge with major purchases) I can’t imagine this would actually sell for any more than about £57-58k from a non-Lotus dealer?  

There have been a few advertised in the low 60’s but they are just sitting there, not selling…..

The uncertainty in the market, the very gloomy outlook, and the relative bargain Emira are all hurting high-end Evora values already, and it will get worse in my view.

Assuming there’s enough margin in it for you, I’d be snapping the hands off anyone offering £57k in your shoes.

I’m sure others will disagree but they are naturally going to want to believe their cars are worth more than they actually are!   Absolutely no point being unrealistic if your goal is to actually sell your car….

Thanks Dave, yes, it's interesting comparing to the Emira, as this Evora is a 2+2 and they have the carbon bits, I certainly agree anything 2+0 and high end Evora will be a hard sell once Emira deliveries begin. Personally I think the 2+2 GT410 Sport are the sweet spot in the Evora range and residules should do well in the future, but no one knows! The market has dramatically slowed down, but people are still buying cars, if priced well, I've sold 2 Evoras and 3 Elises in the last 4 weeks. My problem is always finding good cars at the right prices. As you say, a lot of owners and dealers are unrealistic in values, although I don't agree £57-58k is its current resale value, but only the market can decide that! I could be wrong....

TVR Glen has some history in selling repairable Lotus'.Found earlier in this thread....

On 10/01/2018 at 11:42, internets said:

There is a guy on eBay and PistonHeads called TVR Glen who sells damaged cars and will repair them 'up to paint' for an additional cost which tend to be around £20k plus the cost of the repairs, then paint etc.

TVRGlen? Run away. Quickly. 

• Gold FFM

On the discussion of Emira values affecting Evora, it can be argued that the GT cars are a very different prospect, it can also be argued that is likely Lotus won't be able to hold the Emira launch price for very long considering horrible inflation...

Matt W seemed to intimate as much in his video with Harry. I suspect that will stabilise prices across the board if/when it happens.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benny90210 said:

This one needing repair has come up. Im not sure how attractive the  price is, with some of the low costs entry models there has been

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225212351543?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hiPg3L9ySXm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Hmmmmm 🤔 Have heard some dodgy things about TVR Glen. Caveat Emptor.