Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 276 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora market watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

Colin G

I’ve been distracted by a couple of Evora 400’s over the last week or two.

I can’t believe how much the brake disks cost - £800 - £1300 a pair??!

Are they all ally belled or were they an option originally? 

7 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

can’t believe how much the brake disks cost - £800 - £1300 a pair??!

I paid £500 for pair drilled discs and general pads and about £250 fitting at my lotus garage and about to do the same later this month 

if you opt to go with higher spec type then yes £800-1300 be about right I guess 

I purchased from Elise parts but have gone with lotus supplied items I think we get discount and don’t have to pay the extra delivery charges 

Is that for an Evora 400 though, or an NA / S? I think the 400 has larger discs (370mm front, 350mm rear).

You could be right mine a lowly NA but check out Elise parts and others don’t forget to get quote from lotus garage too as ever shop around 

I guess if you have skills and facilities you can DIY 

I have none of the above so reliant on others ! 

White 400 that was discussed recently is back on Autotrader at £35k. Previous posters suggested it might need quite a bit of work to get it up to scratch. 
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202405029298370?sort=most-recent&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&postcode=cv239bu&fromsra

12 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Are they all ally belled or were they an option originally? 

Yes, all 400s came with ali belled discs. So, I’m theory, only the discs themselves will need replacing. 

elise-shop.com offer an aftermarket option for Exige V6s: https://www.elise-shop.com/elise-shop-com-front-brake-rotors-exige-v6/ It might be worth asking them if there is a 400 option as well. 

6 hours ago, TrevS said:

White 400 that was discussed recently is back on Autotrader at £35k. Previous posters suggested it might need quite a bit of work to get it up to scratch. 
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202405029298370?sort=most-recent&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Evora&postcode=cv239bu&fromsra

If I were him, I'd strip the suspension and exhaust off it, give it to Motorway (circa £33k, probably £32k once they've haggled) then sell the bits - they're probably worth £2k second hand. He'll get closer to that price and it'd be a much, much easier time for him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TrevS said:

Also, could help himself by writing a more appealing ad. Less talk about touring and going to 11 different countries and more about service history and the good parts of the car. 

Not enough detail in the ad for the average Lotus buyer. 

Seriously tempting pricing though (ignoring the details now known) 

• Like 2

On 04/05/2024 at 08:44, Jonathan Ashcroft said:

Also, could help himself by writing a more appealing ad. Less talk about touring and going to 11 different countries and more about service history and the good parts of the car. 

Not enough detail in the ad for the average Lotus buyer. 

Seriously tempting pricing though (ignoring the details now known) 

Down to £31,999 now

I don't understand...he can get more than that giving to Motorway/WBAC? Why go through the hassle of a private sale?

• Gold FFM

I think someone mentioned WBAC was offering 29k ish. Before or after they do the obligatory knock down in price for any defects, who knows 🤷‍♂️

Perhaps they won’t touch it?

It has to be getting tempting for someone?!

Crazy cheap. Just MOT advisories. Someone will take that, fit a new set of refurbed wheels  and make money.

1 hour ago, Techyd said:

Perhaps they won’t touch it?

It has to be getting tempting for someone?!

Motorway are up for £33k....he's nuts if he doesn't let them have it (and even more nuts if he doesn't take the mods off beforehand!).

Ultimately going to be a £40k car if you pay someone to do all the work that's realistically needed, so it's not that cheap.

Anyone know the story behind that car or the owner? The red car that was for sale near Chesterfield for almost a year recently disappeared from the dealership,  looked very tidy.

Don’t know anything about the car above although some people pointed out it’s a GT410 and not the sport as it was advertised at auction. So missing carbon rear deck and some other goodies. 

That red car at chesterfield did look really nice. Had black wheels and yellow calipers if I remember and also had a 430 carbon splitter which you couldn’t really see from the pictures on the listing. Nice car. 

• Like 1

Yes I looked at it and had a sit inside but wasn't actively looking at the time. Was a very nice car, didn't look through the history etc but presentation was spot on.