Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 37 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

It’s the show car - the above was last year when it was touring the country. This is at Parks Lotus where I went to see it in person. Stunning when you’re standing next to it!😎

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You just can't not like it, can you? :wub: 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Bibs said:

Are they doing mapping work for Google Streetview with those roof pods, or testing the LIDAR for the Type 132?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Great picture.  Parked up next to all those empty containers we can't get shipped back to China?  Or are they the full ones with all the incoming Emira parts? :) 

6 minutes ago, TomE said:

Or are they the full ones with all the incoming Emira parts? :) 

Not full of type 132s either...

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

An affordable version of the Evija! I'll  buy two - one for me and one for my 4 year old daughter 🙂

Screenshot_20220301-204825_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

That’s cos it’s a pile of plastic bricks 😏😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great article. The transmission and inverter design seem similar to what's in the LEVA white papers potentially for Type 135. I'd love to see a picture of the motors or EDUs themselves; has anyone seen any?

This is the first I've heard of the 800 kW charge rate, and that's bonkers if true and sustainable. 800V support for an entire car's electric charging components is the current target to hit, but that only equates to 350 kW of charging. Only Porsche and Hyundai (with help from investment into Rimac), Lucid (920V), and GM's very new Hummer have been able to hit that smaller target so far. Not even Rivian or Tesla can hit it yet. And the Evija uses a smaller sized battery than everyone else, which makes it harder to charge faster. I wonder how they handle the amount of heat from that. 

• Gold FFM

I don't know if I have missed this bit of info or it has never been mentioned.

Are there going to be any RH drive Evijas? I have only seen pictures of LH drive vehicles. I think the Goodwood car was LH as well.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 20/04/2022 at 18:53, KusaKusa said:

I wonder how they handle the amount of heat from that. 

On the charging cable side either the cable will have to have some form of integrated 2-phase liquid cooling or just have to be very unwieldy by having very large diameter cables. So is 800V used to supply the 800kW? If so that's 1000A which is crazy. Inside the car surely the supply to the battery would have to be more akin to a busbar than a cable?

As @KusaKusasaid, has anyone got any pictures of the powertrain components?