Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 130 - Lotus Evija - Page 16 - Type 130 - Lotus Evija - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 130 - Lotus Evija

Tex

I echo all the comments above about the negativity.  It's a prototype / preproduction car its not the final item, its just so potential buyers know what they will be getting and have some confidence in putting down their deposit.  No one has said its a final finished product, there will be many tweaks and changes along the way before its finalised.  Eg take the Carfection video where Russel Carr says they are still working on making the carbon badge with metal inlay ready for production, they are not quite happy with the results they have at the moment.

Also some of the comments I've read on other forums about it being pointless and not practical.  FFS its a hypercar! Non of it makes sense, its not supposed to!  If did make sense it wouldn't be a hypercar.  Its simply about turning all the dials up to max, putting a massive smile on your face and turning round to your mate and giving them a nod that says "Mate! this is freaking awesome!".  and from what I've seen I think the car delivers on this front.  The Evija is not an Elise replacement, just once more for those that haven't worked it out yet ... the Evija is NOT a replacement for the Elise.   Its whole new thing to generate new interest and excitement for the brand and a nod towards what we might be seeing in the future.  It's not designed to sell like hot cakes and have one on each person's drive.  Its special, rare, aspirational car.

Also the "will it really happen" comments.  OK we had the Bahar days with promises of multiple new cars etc ..  but Lotus is a very different company now, a lot of the senior management and board are new faces from big established and very successful business, they have new owners who are actually investing int he company and investing serious amounts of money.  There are already signs of the new investment with new buildings and facilities and new staff, so its not a fake promise of investment, its actually happening.

So why don't we just give Lotus the benefit of doubt and congratulate them on what is a very exciting and beautiful car.  Come 2020 and "if" production hasn't started then feel free to engage your moan generator but I really don't think that will be happening.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, fmxa said:

That certainly is a beautiful looking car and kudos to Russel and the guys in Hethel for pulling this off.  Anyone know if this is a "real" ie drivable car, or a model, and the car with the real engine and batteries is "coming soon"?

Need to see it on the track!

I have it from a reliable source that the car was able to move under it's own power. Whether it had the full drivetrain or simply a cut down version to move it I don't know.

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

I am very impressed with the Evija, everyone at Lotus should be very proud. As an EV - its so far away from what i would have concidered a typical Lotus, but somehow it still seems very Lotus to me. The shape, the weight - the minimalist approach. If this handles anything like a Lotus. Wow. Gj.

The Tesla Roadster performance claims are remarkable. top speed beyond 250 mph, 1/4 mile under 9 seconds (similar to the Evija), a 600 mile range...and the one that floored me, 7,400 lb/ft of torque! Musk says this performance "is already being achieved by the prototype..." If Tesla can pull this off with a base price from $200,000 all bets are off. Incredibly, Musk has also said that higher performing models of the Roadster will be available later, as this only references the base model. 

Just now, Advantage said:

Tesla have trouble producing a simple Mondeo competitor. I wouldn't be doing any breath holding for a sportscar from them.

To be fair to them, when they revealed the v2 Roadster it was a fully operational car and they did media drives that very night to demo acceleration. That said I doubt we'll see the Tesla Roadster on the roads anytime soon, Tesla are too busy trying to keep their head above water with production of the Model 3.

I'm still trying to get my head around the 0-300kph time and then I remembered this from a while back....The Evija is being designed to be faster than this, so I have no doubts that this is achievable from the power train being touted.  My hope as well is that the aerodynamics the Evirja will have will allow the car to be stable and therefore simply astonishing on a track - and in a way that has never been seen before for a road car.  I wonder as well whether the aero being designed will actually better that of a formula one car?  The acceleration is absolutely going to rival them (https://fastestlaps.com/models/ferrari-f2004)

1 hour ago, Jeanvm said:

I would like to know if this prototype is going to make a tour through Europe? (next motorshow at Frankfurt)

I want it really see it in the flesh.

Had the same thought!  Where can we see it?

Or will it be shown in London?

For the few who know the difference

I don't know if there's any point in Lotus going to Frankfurt this fall. I would hasard a guess and say that the next time will see the car will be in production validation mule guise in March 2020 in Geneva.

However, Lotus still has one car to introduce soon, the new sport car which is supposed to enter production before the Eviya does, as it will slot on the regular production line while the Eviya will christen the new atelier.

The question being will they want to unveil this car new sport car later this year or early next year.  If they choose to unveil the car this year I do think a US focus launch in LA or NY following a digital unveil and press drive in southern Europe would make more sense especially if the car is ready to enter production right away. But that is pure conjecture on my part.

I very much doubt you will see the new sports car this year for real, perhaps renders or a teaser, but it's not production ready.. Deliveries of the Evija will happen before the new sports car.

The pre-production Evija we saw will be doing a 'road-tour', but not sure about where and when.

They aid they were hoping to show the new car in March (ie Geneva) so I guess this is pretty clear cut timing next year 

Im sure there is a good reason that they arent doing factory tours for the rest of the year. So one would presume a new prodution car? 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

It is this sort of thing that will bring other work to Hethel. Engineering etc.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

26 minutes ago, Techyd said:

Of the car?  Russel Carr and his team 🙂

The reason I ask is he made the comment "when I saw the sketch" which mean to me their is a person resposible