Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 110 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

6 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Looks like we will soon be able to get on with our lives!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54873105

Covid vaccine: First vaccine offers 90% protection

One of my mates manages the UK supply chain at Pfizer. He said the safety data isn't back yet, so it's not 100% confirmed. He said the old and vulnerable, key workers and hospitals will get it first and the vaccine should work for some people, but not everybody. And most people under 65 won't get vaccinated till mid next year.

He said there are other company's providing similar vaccines that will be released soon. Pfizer are give their formula away for free to other pharmaceutical companies world wide to help combat the virus.

• Like 1

Got a mate who's at GSK producing millions of doses of 5 or 6 being trialled vaccines ready for release pending results.....

Dave.

Finally, one good thing to come out of COVID 19 - Peter Sutcliffe.

I remember holidaying in Yorkshire at the time as a kid and worrying about my mother. I also remember buying a Duplex Rover SD1 Scalextric car on that holiday. Still got it.

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

5 hours ago, Colin P said:

I remember holidaying in Yorkshire at the time as a kid and worrying about my mother. I also remember buying a Duplex Rover SD1 Scalextric car on that holiday. Still got it.

A woman I knew was his first girlfriend!! they were very young, she said he was a really polite young man. Just shows what lurks beneath. good riddance to him.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

My eldest son was off school today with a touch of skiving-itis. His brother attended as usual.

After school, we started getting messages from his friends and even worried parents asking how we were all coping and if they could help us with our shopping. Apparently a kid at school, had started a rumour that our son had contracted coronavirus and by 3.15pm everyone in the town had taken the bait.

IMO the best way that the media could have dealt with the news about Sutcliffe today would to have been for them all to have ignored it. 

Stupid BBC just had to sensationalise it this morning saying that news of his death will bring back bad memories of his victims families. Well you stupid fcukers, it wouldn’t have would it had you not reported and sensationalised it.
They didn’t even take the hint when they interviewed the son of one of his victims when he said “I’ve not thought about it for years until you asked me to comment about his death”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

IMO the best way that the media could have dealt with the news about Sutcliffe today would to have been for them all to have ignored it. 

Stupid BBC just had to sensationalise it this morning saying that news of his death will bring back bad memories of his victims families. Well you stupid fcukers, it wouldn’t have would it had you not reported and sensationalised it.
They didn’t even take the hint when they interviewed the son of one of his victims when he said “I’ve not thought about it for years until you asked me to comment about his death”

I was working/training as a youngster in Leeds during that period. Dark days with a respect to humanity. I agree sensationalising with interviews and correspondents  (in lock down!) visiting the area :(

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Colin P said:

Actually I just realised. My SD1 came a bit after this. It was my brother that bought the PMG Rover on that holiday, I bought the Mini HaHa, my first foray into adding lightness, the Rover came later because my brother eventually  refused to race me because the mini was so much faster :hrhr:. Still got the mini too.

Agree,  no need to sensationalise it, but a tenner says all the documentaries will be dusted off over the next few weeks. The coverage at the time was probably one of the first examples of panic being caused by the media coverage. 

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

On 05/10/2020 at 20:35, Barrykearley said:

you really do have to wonder just what would have happened had this been 100years earlier 

It did and the Spanish flu killed between 17 and 100 million people.

On 08/10/2020 at 18:46, andydclements said:

For example, if everybody that had symptoms were to isolate as required, the rate the infections spreads would be much less and so the people with no symptoms could carry on eating out and doing other things that keep the economy going but the overall rate of infection wouldn't be disastrous. 

Trouble is, people are infectious before they get symptoms.

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

13 hours ago, PaulCP said:

Spot on. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

How’s the lockdown being heeded where you live? More of a mockdown round these parts. Just as many people out and about as usual, even at the weekend. If this is all it takes to keep the virus under control, then we’ll be fine.

I think it's being generally adhered to around here. Numbers were starting to come down even before we were moved into tier 3 from what was being reported. And still coming down during lockdown.

You still see the occasional person that doesn't seem to understand the idea of masks.

• Gold FFM

It's mockdown here in the south west, the seriousness hasn't really occurred as this is our first wave.

Infections are running a mock through the schools and the government can't quite understand why infection rates are rising in young women. Perhaps those clever scientists should come and admire the unmasked habits of the gossiping locked down ladies (and some men) at the school gates.

• Haha 1

With schools and colleges still open and acting as mass melting pots I think most other people are looking on and thinking what’s the point..? Rightly or wrongly, but the reality is that very little was being spread in restaurants and pubs compared to education, hospitals, nursing homes and supermarkets, all of which remain open.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺