Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Marmite - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Marmite

mayevora

• Gold FFM

Love it ❤️ 

Ok - accepted, there’s going to be the odd strange individual who doesn’t like the stuff. 🤔

Got given a Marmite Chocolate egg for Easter a couple of years ago - not bad.

Wife keeps bringing these Marmite Hot Cross buns home every other night at the moment - These come highly recommended for Marmite connoisseurs 👍😁

I see they are also selling Marmite Cornetto ice creams right now and more than happy to give them a go but not tried yet.

However maybe the final Marmite item is a step too far lol 😂- You have to be pretty dedicated to the cause here. 

29CDF249-872E-477A-BFE7-FAE1D4D24AC0.jpeg

D2F77A45-A595-4365-9D0E-2A4342204143.jpeg

18D3854C-04C2-4929-962F-B9AF2D873028.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Gross! 

It’s a good year. 😜

94B9E081-23D4-47F9-991E-094744E4C480.jpeg

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

Apparently the Dynamite is disappointingly insipid.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I am a fully signed up, Marmite devotee. XO is a close approximation of proper, old school Marmite and the only version worth putting on toast. (Apart from maybe the Marston’s version from when they sponsored the England cricket team). 

I’m also an absolute sucker for any Marmite spin off. Marmite cashews and crunchy peanut butter are 2 particular favourites. But Marmite houmous was a step too far, I’m afraid. I really, really tried to like it but the combination turned out to be terrible. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
43 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Marmite cashews and crunchy peanut butter. 

I only tried the Cashews last weekend - Bloody lovely and I should have bought more. 👍😁

Just tried baked potato with lashings of Vintage Cheddar and Marmite XO on top - Absolutely scrummy, food of the Gods! 

Will be getting more of the XO (lots more) and will be trying the Dynamite Chilli next shopping run 😛.

May be an image of brick wall and outdoors

• Like 1

Wonderful stuff and one of the all time great British products. I’ve always loved it but not tried it with cheese on a baked potato, as suggested, yet so gotta give that a go. 👌

• Like 1

What happened on a tour stays on tour!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2021 at 20:27, Sparky said:

Apparently the Dynamite is disappointingly insipid.

I got a jar of it last week. I wouldn’t necessarily describe it as ‘insipid’ but certainly don’t expect it to blow your head orf. Calling it ‘Dynanite’ is certainly ambitious. 

Still nice though. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Sorry. Aussie here. Vegemite beats Marmite hands down.

And yes, I have tried Marmite when I was younger.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 1 month later...

I was introduced to a new food revelation at a mates bbq last night…….”HAND MADE PORK SAUSAGES WITH A very subtle hint of MARMITE”. 👌

Just sublime and should be sampled by every Marmite aficionado!  They come from a local quality butcher who makes them on the premises. Guess where I’m off to on Monday morning?😁

Get the copyright in there quick.

I wrote to Marmite a few years ago (2017) with my idea of combining Marmite with butter (would have been called Mutter) or Marmite with Flora (Mora) as Flora is also a Unilever product.

I suggested it could be combined in different ways, homogenous or swirled; in varying concentrations and the public to decide on the exact nature ...etc..

Here is the reply I received

servlet.ImageServer?id=015E00000050YaX&oid=00DE0000000bbLj

Hello from Marmite,

Thank you for your recent comments to us, Simon.

We are always looking for new ways in which we can improve our range of products and so we welcome suggestions or ideas from our consumers. 

Therefore, your suggestion regarding Marmite spread may be considered in any future developments. We sincerely appreciate you have taken the time to share your idea. 

Should you require more information, please feel free to contact us by letter or email. Alternatively, you can contact our Consumer Engagement Centre on our free phone number 01850 204604 from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. One of our advisors will be more than happy to assist you. 

We hope that you carry on enjoying Marmite and thank you for your continued interest. 

Yours sincerely,

Emma Johnson
Consumer Engagement Advisor

* Please note that we can only accept attachments under 4 megabytes on this email address * Unilever UK Limited Registered in England & Wales; Company No 334527 Registered Office: Unilever House, Springfield Drive, Leatherhead, KT22 7GR Unilever Ireland Registered Office: 20 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24

Look what I came across last year

Image preview

• Like 1

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein