Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Radford Motors + Lotus - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Radford Motors + Lotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ok I did not quite expect to see the Lotus brand displayed that much on the car. Does Radford want to be the Singer of the Lotus brand?

Also Radford using the GR-FE pushed to 500bhp with a 7 speed dial clutch... Ok I want to know where the gearbox is from cause if Radford can do it then any Evora owner should be able to get that gearbox and swap it. If they so desire that is.

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 1

Information on Piston Heads saying how they achieved the power increase.

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/general-pistonheads/radford-type-62-2-renders-revealed/44531

• Like 1

A great looking car and what might be considered an evolution of the current Lotus range from a manufacturer smaller than Lotus. The luxury features and exclusivity will probably price it out of reach for many.

Radford obviously don't have access to wind tunnels / modelling / panel manufacturing like Lotus do as the aero features of the Emira have more beauty and function in my opinion.

So it uses the Exige chassis (with with a bespoke rear subframe) so technically... whatever they can do, an Exile owner could (maybe) do. Don't forget Lotus had the sequential box for the 311, they probably didn't have the cash to do 500, 600 bhp, and by the time that they did, the Evora was in the rearview. But, the Emira, well now...

• Like 2

Sudders and Dany

I wonder who is in charge of the engine mods, Many tuners have done internal works that Lotus also did investigate, but cost per engine did rule it out of production for Evora. This cost is not going to be a problem for Radford I guess with only 62 cars sold for a pretty hefty amount of money.

As for the gearbox, we know Jubu repurposed a VW/Audi unit (Getrag built I believe) but I wonder if they will be using that.

9 hours ago, Suddabym said:

So it uses the Exige chassis (with with a bespoke rear subframe) so technically... whatever they can do, an Exile owner could (maybe) do. Don't forget Lotus had the sequential box for the 311, they probably didn't have the cash to do 500, 600 bhp, and by the time that they did, the Evora was in the rearview. But, the Emira, well now...

The sequential box of the 311 Race was a race gearbox developed for Lotus by Xtrac and based on a wtcc/btcc, really an automated manual and not road use compatible.  Lotus knew about the potential of the engine since before DB showed up. Remember the Evora GTE road car, it was supposed to come with 444bhp and that automated manual, but we know where things went. Opening then engine was not until something Lotus could would do for cost versus benefit. Now if Radford says: "ok we will buy lets say 32 unit and we'll pay upfront for the development", this is totally something Lotus can do cause truth be told  it is quite straight forward and we know that Lotus had racy versions of the engine on the dyno for a while, now transferring this tech back to Emira for maybe one last extreme incarnation, way down the road would give some very established competitor a run for their money literally.

• Like 2

^^ Chassis built by lotus (Exige V6 base), Loom provided by Lotus, engine provided by Lotus courtesy of Toyota, base Gearbox sourced at Aisin, DCT sourced at Getrag?? body designed by Radford, carbon fiber body parts provenance unknown as of now. Final assembly in the US or the UK?  Priced at 500k USD so at Singer level.

5 minutes ago, NedaSay said:

Final assembly in the US or the UK? 

Article says ...............Drivers can also choose to collect their car from Radford’s base in California.

Although the other choice is not detailed.....

That's a great looking car! I never expected to get this enthusiastic about a new car release.

But with only 62 made I fear it might be out of my price range, even if I sell a couple of kidneys. 😕 

Looking forward to learning more and seeing pictures, especially of the interior. Not convinced about the rear view cameras, hopefully the dash isn't too cluttered.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

On 09/08/2021 at 12:50, exeterjeep said:

Article says ...............Drivers can also choose to collect their car from Radford’s base in California.

Although the other choice is not detailed.....

With Radford taking over the former Bondurant school facilities in Arizona, presumably the well-heeled and lucky few can opt for shakedown and delivery at their track location. Perhaps with some assistance from JB as well? :cool:

The quail edition is definitely a stunner, tho the front splitter's a bit much.

The pics show the lotus name on the rear, do we think this will still be the case on production cars...rather than putting their own name on it.

Don't think I like the 2 rear wing pieces.

The seventh pic, with the three in the background, shows a raised rear wing :huh:

Cheers,

John W