Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
So, does it have - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

So, does it have

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That's what I would have thought as well.

Volvo for just about everything except for the V6/auto/manual from Toyota and the i4/DCT from Merc.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

1 hour ago, brightoncorgi said:

Are the door handles the same as an Aston Martin?  Looks to be.  Does that mean the end lights up on unlocking?

Not the same...  Saw an up close and they are not identical...

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

This came direct fro Geely website!!!  Look familiar to those of you looking at an Emira?

image.jpeg.dc99f5ca468edf5dae16f9eb4b092b57.jpeg

• Like 2

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It's got two windscreen wipers and not just the one! 😲

The UK version will definitely have built in sat nav.

The front passenger seat might have Isofix on the prodcution cars, but Lotus will e-mail me to confirm.

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

image.png.9db97d94b90c8d44f75911ca24efff36.png

The the ICE controls, the wheel, the screens, the driver side dash layout and the stalks all look the same per the EMIRA and the design of the dash in general looks very similar - all part of the design language? The point I was making is that these components look like they have been sourced/lifted directly from the Geely Group parts bin which I for one do not have an issue with, but people were wondering if it was this and that.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 07/07/2021 at 21:50, jep said:

Latest Merc tech and infotainment all over it, as I understand 

The infotainment 100% isn't Mercedes.

Fact of the day, the infotainment control is actually water cooled in the Emira :thumbsup:

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

9 minutes ago, Bibs said:

That's good to hear.  I borrowed a DBX for a week and the infotainment was a pain to navigate.

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

27 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Happy to be corrected. I just hope Lotus is getting all the kit at competitive prices, so they can land Emira at attractive sticker £.

Justin

Do a search on "premium Geely interiors" and you will see a lot of the interior components (and a very similar design language) in pictures. As it seems to be Geely kit (probably from across the Group) I would expect it is very competitively priced and Windle himself I am sure said they had full access to all the components, but they could use their own discretion as to what they took and used with no pressure.  What a great situation for Lotus to be in.

• Like 2

The small print.

Does any of the front open - eg where would you put washer fluid etc. It looks as if the front panel could open?????

There is a picture floating about of one with graphics all over and no front bumper. The bonnet on that does look to be popped, the trailing edge being raised by 8-10", which would make sense.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 20:01, exeterjeep said:

Does any of the front open - eg where would you put washer fluid etc. It looks as if the front panel could open?????

There is a pic or a video somewhere I've seen in last 48 hours showing washer fluid filler cap rear nearside (left) corner of the engine bay opening.

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

A reversing camera? 🤔 There are enough screens!

Just realised I have only seen talk of rear parking sensors (with optional front ones) and other tech like rear cross collision alert and other "market demands" toys I never use on our other cars.  

I have got used to cameras over last 12 years on my Evora's and also our other cars like Evoque then Lexus.  I still use the wiring mirrors but camera still great in many situations.  Not exactly heavy either when all the other stuff is being added on

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

It would appear that one will be available....

2023_lotus_emira_5_1600x1200.jpg

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Well spotted. 👍 Looks like one for sure.  Just hope that isn't the reversing sensor or cross traffic thingy.

• Gold FFM

It definitely looked like a camera on both blue and grey cars at Goodwood too…..

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Our Lexus RX has the rear cross traffic feature and it does not appear to have any more than the usual flat colour coded circular sensors in 4 places and the usual reversing camera in usual location above number plate all like the Evora.  Not sure which bit of the kit is actually doing the measurement but the warning flashes up on the camera picture on screen with reverse selected with all sorts of dire warnings when it detects anything. (much like a load of other tech I dislike) Not sure if rear crossing alert is active when in forward gear though and not sure I care enough to read a manual 😆  (Last option for a man)