Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
I'm back! - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

I'm back!

Kimbers

I know you all missed me. All those posts and topics of "Where's Kimbers?" can be answered.

2 weeks ago I ended up in hospital after chest pains. It spread to my arm and jaw and I was rushed in, I don't need to tell you what they suspected.

Luckily it wasn't a Heart Attack, but possibly a furred up artery "Warning shot". My Cholestrol was way over 6 and I was ordered to full rest for 2 weeks. I have more tests tomorrow and Thursday but Wendy is pretty sure it was stress related. I had been working 8am to 10pm every day, my son was self harming and attempted suicide and my new Grandson was in Hospital for a life saving operation. I suspect it all built up and I centralised it (all in the middle of my chest apparently!). 

Today is my first day back at work. Been in since 7 and already have a to do list of 97 things to do. I suspect I need to F**k off working and do something less stressful!

• Sad 4

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I was going to start this post with "Bugger. That's a bubble burst.", but after reading that I certainly hope you are on the mend mate. Take the to do list into the boss and ask him, "Which 5 of these things are the most important to you so I work on them first?"

I thought your son was heading over to the USA? Or have I missed a post somewhere that that has already happened or didn't happen?

I know what it is like to have a child that is self harming. Not a fun day out, by any means.

Here if you want to talk Kimbers.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

36 minutes ago, ramjet said:

I thought your son was heading over to the USA? Or have I missed a post somewhere that that has already happened or didn't happen?

Other son :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

hope goes well today.  remember no good over doing for the sake of retiring early and not making that date

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Good to have you back, take care!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM
37 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Other son :)

Now I feel like a dopey bugger for not knowing that you had more than one son.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Lego, mate.  As you know, it's soooooo relaxing.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

4 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Lego, mate.  As you know, it's soooooo relaxing.

It would frustrate the hell out of me and I would smash things and kill someone!

• Haha 1

I'm glad it was just a warning shot by the body, but glad you're now having to look after those factors that probably contributed.

I know personally that the lest week of my Dad's life I was getting chest pains radiating down my left arm but there was no way I was going to tell the family given what we were all going through at the time. Turns out I was so stressed the muscles were compressing the nerve much as the way that pain can be triggered by the heart. So whatever the causes, deal with the bits you can (cholesterol you've already called out being one) and take care of yourself.

• Gold FFM

Guessing that’s the lycra running gear confined to the cupboard for a while.

Back to the the excitement of lentils and broccoli for the foreseeable.

Pack in one of the jobs if it’s doing longer term damage mate.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

It would frustrate the hell out of me and I would smash things and kill someone!

I believe we've arrived at the nub of the issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

I had been working 8am to 10pm every day

Today is my first day back at work. Been in since 7  

There's something to change straight away. It really isn't worth it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I gave up paid work over 14 years ago and feel a lot better. Best wishes to you Tony.

Blimey, I’d just come on here to post something similar. Not about Kimbers missing though!

How come you’re back at work already though? I’ll make my own post now.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

You should have more time off. Trust me, I had some issues last year and took a couple of weeks and then came back and resumed the same routine. I lasted another few months and then completely collapsed. That forced me off for a month and came back to something less stressful.

2 weeks may feel like enough, but it isn't. You need to put your feet up for a bit and give your mind and body time to recover. I know it sounds a bit airy fairy and I'm the last one to go all soft on you but it's unfortunately true, we aren't quite as invincible as we feel.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, TdM said:

You should have more time off. Trust me, I had some issues last year and took a couple of weeks and then came back and resumed the same routine. I lasted another few months and then completely collapsed. That forced me off for a month and came back to something less stressful.

2 weeks may feel like enough, but it isn't. You need to put your feet up for a bit and give your mind and body time to recover. I know it sounds a bit airy fairy and I'm the last one to go all soft on you but it's unfortunately true, we aren't quite as invincible as we feel.

I don't tend to take holidays. When I have days or weeks off I tend to do my second job. We do normally go away once a year but haven't been doing that either TBH with COVID etc. Now with a small business venture I have set up myself I am struggling to maintain any work life balance at all TBH.

9 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

I don't tend to take holidays. When I have days or weeks off I tend to do my second job. We do normally go away once a year but haven't been doing that either TBH with COVID etc. Now with a small business venture I have set up myself I am struggling to maintain any work life balance at all TBH.

I’ve just put a brief version of my story up, looks like we’ve been through something similar, we can compare number of tablets later. I’ve been off since the beginning of Feb although the first 10 days were co-vid & I’m currently signed off until the end of this month

some good advice on here from people who have experienced what you have gone through, be a shame to ignore it

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

My 60yo cousin spends her life chasing more money (she already has plenty) by working at least 15 hours a day.  She had a heart attack today.  I'm pretty sure she'll be right back on the horse just as soon as she can.  At least she'll die in designer clothes.