Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Test Drives - Page 4 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Test Drives

Emiralust

• Gold FFM

For this Sunday's Newlands Corner meet we're expecting to have an Emira along.  Not available to test drive but a chance to see a production spec car up close.

Details here.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

@TomE has made a record 

Location Engine/trans Colour Interior Suspension Other specs Notes
Caffyns Lewes Sussex (demo) V6 manual Seneca Blue Black alcantara (accent tbc) Sports Black wheels Arrived 28 Oct
AO72FKP
Caffyns Lewes Sussex (showroom) V6 manual Dark Verdant Black alcantara (accent tbc) tbc tbc delivery date tbc
Bell & Colvill Surrey
(demo)
V6 manual Nimbus Grey Red leather Touring + Eagle tbc Arrived 7 Nov
AO72FJP
Bell & Colvill Surrey
(showroom)
          details tbc
Endeavour Colchester
(demo)
V6 manual Magma Red Ice Grey leather Touring + Eagle Silver wheels Arrived 31 Oct
AO72FJF
Endeavour Colchester
(showroom)
V6 manual Seneca Blue tbc Sports tbc delivery date tbc
Caffyns Ashford (demo) V6 manual Hethel Yellow Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Cup2 Black Pack, black wheels, black calipers Arrived 28 Oct
AO72FJC
Caffyns Ashford (showroom) V6 manual Magma Red Ice Grey leather Touring + Eagle Silver wheels, black calipers delivery date tbc
Parks Hamilton (demo) V6 manual Magma Red Ice Grey leather Touring Black Pack, silver wheels, black calipers Arrived 1 Nov
AO72FLL
Parks Hamilton (showroom) V6 manual Seneca Blue   Sports   details tbc
Rybrook Solihull
(demo)
V6 manual Seneca Blue Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle Black Pack, DC wheels, yellow calipers Arrived 7 Nov
AO72FJN
Rybrook Solihull
(showroom)
V6 manual Hethel Yellow Black alcantara, yellow stitch Touring + Eagle Black Pack, DC wheels, black calipers details tbc
Rybrook Bristol (demo) V6 manual Nimbus Grey Red leather Touring + Eagle Black Pack, black wheels, red calipers Arrived 29 Oct
AO72FJA
Rybrook Bristol (showroom) V6 manual Seneca Blue Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle Black Pack, DC wheels, yellow calipers delivery date tbc
Silverstone (demo) V6 manual Magma Red Ice Grey leather Touring + Eagle DC wheels, black calipers Arrived 29 Oct
AO72FNP
Silverstone
(showroom)
V6 manual Hethel Yellow Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle Black Pack, black wheels delivery date tbc
Central Lotus Nottingham
(demo)
V6 manual Seneca Blue Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle Black wheels, yellow calipers Arrived 29 Oct
AO72FKF
Central Lotus Nottingham
(showroom)
V6 manual Dark Verdant Red leather tbc tbc delivery date tbc
JCT600 Bradford
(demo)
V6 manual Hethel Yellow Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle Black Pack, black wheels, black calipers Arrived 28 Oct
AO72FJE
JCT600 Bradford
(showroom)
          details tbc
Hendy Lotus Exeter (demo) V6 manual Nimbus Grey Red leather Touring + Eagle Black pack, black wheels, red calipers Arrived 5 Nov
AO72FJX
Hendy Lotus Exeter (showroom)           details tbc
Oakmere Lotus Prestbury
(demo)
V6 manual Dark Verdant Black alcantara, yellow stitch Sports + Eagle DC wheels, yellow calipers Arrived 1 Nov
AO72FLF
Oakmere Lotus Prestbury
(showroom)
          details tbc
Hendy Lotus Eastleigh
(demo)
V6 manual Seneca Blue Black alcantara, grey stitch Sports + Eagle Black pack, silver wheels, red calipers Arrived 5 Nov
AO72FJK
Hendy Lotus Eastleigh
(showroom)
          details tbc

Notice that Hendy Poole, who had dropped off the Lotus cars web site a couple of months ago (- but now only as a service agent,) are not in the list above. I was told a couple of months ago that they were going to get a demo Emira.     But see today the Hendy Poole are now Maserati dealers....

17 minutes ago, DDubya said:

Just back from test drive (Hendy Exeter). Intentionally I drove there in my GT430 as an immediate comparison.

Did you go out with Lloyd, think he would be interested in your comparison to the Evora. Think Mark is going out in it tomorrow. 

Hi @exeterjeepand @DDubya, my wife and I did indeed have a drive in the Hendy Exeter car today.  Jess took us out as Lloyds having a few days off.

As a newbie to Lotus, having had my S1 Evora for just over a year and 11k miles or so, I have to say that I think the car absolutely hits the spot.  It has a more restrained level of steering feedback but the ride, grip (as far as I could tell on a zero degree morning) and feel were all spot on and the performance was stronger than my n/a with a perfectly acceptable level of noise (loud enough!) and burble in sport mode.

Superb gearchange too, really mechanical and precise feeling.

loved it… 

(the TPMS was on during my drive too!)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Interesting write up.  I'm 5'9" and I agree about the seats feeling a bit too high even on the lowest setting.  I had to adjust the steering wheel height as far up as possible so I could see the top edge of the driver display where the tacho is displayed.  Overall a great car and has the broader appeal Lotus needed to achieve, but it won't necessarily tempt current owners out of an Evora, Elise or Exige depending on their requirements.

By end Jan the dealers will have done test drives for all the deposit holders who wanted one.  The bookings will then open for non-deposit holders, if anyone else is interested.  Be aware there are long lists already, with some dealers having over 1000 registered.

On 09/01/2023 at 13:49, gregs24 said:

I got my chance to drive the Emira today thanks to Rybrook Lotus in Bristol.

........The interior quality is a huge leap forward compared to anything Lotus have done before..........

I doubt it..........the picture indicates not the only spot..............

This you kind of alignment you will not find on the last edition Evora's.........!

9-D652-B35-1502-479-D-AA18-85263-B034-F6

Edited by rudolphwolven

43 minutes ago, rudolphwolven said:

I doubt it..........the picture indicates not the only spot..............

This you kind of alignment you will not find on the last edition Evora's.........!

9-D652-B35-1502-479-D-AA18-85263-B034-F6

Well one picture doesn't tell the whole story. The quality of the leather, the solidity, lack of rattles all much better. 

Have you driven one yet?

• Like 1

Yes, I did.........I was not impressed at all......only the looks are fine......but will be boring as time goes on.

I did own an 1990 Esprit Turbo SE since 1993.

Years ago I was aware of the launch of the new Emira / had pictures seen .........however I was fearing a.o. about the present teething problems now occuring and that the new Emira would not fulfill the expectations and needs of the true Lotus enthousiast.

The Emira 6V today costs € 151.069,- (GBP 132.940,-)

In 2021 I purchased a brand new 2021 Evora GT 410 Sport IPS.
At the same Dutch Lotus importer I paid € 139.500,- (GBP 122.760,-). (excl. trade-in amount for the SE)

So I preferred to purchase the new Evora GT and now are happier with my choice as ever before. 

signal-2022-05-05-225820_001.jpeg

• Love 1

2 hours ago, rudolphwolven said:

Yes, I did.........I was not impressed at all......only the looks are fine......but will be boring as time goes on.

I did own an 1990 Esprit Turbo SE since 1993.

Years ago I was aware of the launch of the new Emira / had pictures seen .........however I was fearing a.o. about the present teething problems now occuring and that the new Emira would not fulfill the expectations and needs of the true Lotus enthousiast.

Looks will get boring ! It's not a VW Golf!

The true Lotus enthusiasts were not buying the Evora in any numbers, The order book for the Emira is longer than all of the Evoras ever made. Go figure.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Glasgow Demo car (aka Park's Hamilton) is presently a Nimbus Grey with Red interior and Touring Suspension.  (Their Magma one is off the road with AC issues.)

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023