Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 18 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

On 07/11/2022 at 16:42, simonb said:

20 in total to real customers, That could be one who placed an order in April 21, one from May 21 all the way through to someone walking in to a showroom tomorrow

Jeez... that's not good! I put a deposit down pre-reveal, sadly bailed a few months later when I realised the i4 was going to be a long way off. I've still not seen an Emira, it still appeals but '24  is a long way off and that may well be optimisic... is that the bottom line right now? 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

i4 first deliveries are now July 2023 for a few cars to reveal day depositors, then Aug onwards for post reveal deposits.

As far as I can tell about 15 UK customer cars have been delivered so far, all to post-reveal deposit holders.

Got this today, not sure it has copied correctly but I’m sure someone will sort it please

LOTUS_Wordmark_Offset_Black_RGB-01.png

Lotus Emira - Performance and Practicality

Dear AB

As a valued Emira customer, you will be updated on Emira features and highlights, in this segment you will explore the Emira interior. If you have any questions please visit our FAQ or contact our dedicated Customer Care team.

ratio type-01.png  
37363_Lotus_LOGO_FOOTER%20STRIP%202.png

FB      IG      TW      YT

Email information: This email was sent to 1alistairbruce@gmail.com.
If you no longer wish to receive our periodic emails, please unsubscribe or view/modify your preferences/settings. Thank you.

pixel.gif

?data=Y2E9NjM5MjEmY289NzAzMjU5MCZjbD05MTY%3d

Sent from my iPad
Edited by Abgreenbank

That is a very poor piece of marketing really. Of all the things the Emira is, someone has boiled it down to a full size glovebox, mislabelled twin USB ports and single zone climate control. 

• Confused 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

It's time we got the message - they are not interested in impressing us Lotus fanboys, they are looking at a different market - people who want something that looks a bit fancy and expensive but can be used a practical daily. The video is clumsy, but there's no mistaking its intent. Hairdressers can apply here........oh wait......I have a deposit down 🤣

• Like 1

It's an aspirational car and that's the least aspirational video about such a great looking car I've ever seen. I can't imagine any other OEM focussing on those points on a eurobox car let alone something like an Emira. Surprised it made the cut really, I mean it mentions that there are doors you can get in and out of. :huh: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, duncx said:

It's time we got the message - they are not interested in impressing us Lotus fanboys, they are looking at a different market - people who want something that looks a bit fancy and expensive but can be used a practical daily. The video is clumsy, but there's no mistaking its intent. Hairdressers can apply here........oh wait......I have a deposit down 🤣

It's late in the evening and I'm good at being argumentative.  But I see it completely the opposite.  In that group of people looking for a practical daily, they won't give a toss about it having a full sized glovebox.  Of course it effing has, just like the A/C (only one zone, really?) and the er cup holders.

That video is aimed at people who think that slightly better creature comforts than none at all is worthwhile.  And guess what, that's not many people.  It's aimed at previous Lotus owners hoping that slightly better than shite means that Lotus will sell more than 3 and a half cars a year!

Lets hope that the whole proposition of a car that looks stunning, drives superbly and has barely adequate cabin facilities is a winning formula.  It should be.  It certainly does the first - looks stunning.  Does it drive superbly?  Seems like the jury is out.  Is the cabin adequate?  Sound like it.

What were Lotus thinking with that video?

9 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

Bibs, you are as negative as Bert! 😂😲

Then I'm in the same club as Bibs and Bert 😕

Future Emira owners surely don't want to know where to put their MacD's and Red Bull (sorry, I blasphemed twice in one sentence !!) Or know that you can enter and exit via doors FFS.

That video must be aimed at the Joe Public imbeciles surely?

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Bibs said:

That is a very poor piece of marketing really. Of all the things the Emira is, someone has boiled it down to a full size glovebox, mislabelled twin USB ports and single zone climate control. 

Completely marketed and aimed at the Pork sector shallow brained sector. It’s important ease of access - since their bodies and heads are fat 👍

video does nothing for me except point out obvious daft things.

Only here once

That video reminded me of this classic ...

at least that one is aiming for humour and was much cheaper on marketing consultants fees, I would guess.

Edited by webfoot
Added extra line of text
  • Haha 2

I can only assume that this is another mis-label with the masking as it's showing 1 side hot, the other cold. Having just looked in the Owners Manual the Emira doesn't have this feature, it's single zone as it says, not as it shows :huh:

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, simonb said:

I think ease of entry / egress and a full size glovebox will help those buyers who have to get approval from the fun police

Obviously market research identified these as key features that potential sports car buyers are seeking 

Checked Lotus customer care's delivery numbers today and was given the scheduled deliveries for December and January.

End of December 130 cars

End of January another 170 cars

Total 300 cars by end of January. Knowing that we should be able to keep an eye as to how on target they are. You would assume these schedules would have made up our estimated delivery emails recently received. 

15 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

Got this today, not sure it has copied correctly but I’m sure someone will sort it please

LOTUS_Wordmark_Offset_Black_RGB-01.png

Lotus Emira - Performance and Practicality

Dear AB

As a valued Emira customer, you will be updated on Emira features and highlights, in this segment you will explore the Emira interior. If you have any questions please visit our FAQ or contact our dedicated Customer Care team.

ratio type-01.png  
37363_Lotus_LOGO_FOOTER%20STRIP%202.png

FB      IG      TW      YT

Email information: This email was sent to 1alistairbruce@gmail.com.
If you no longer wish to receive our periodic emails, please unsubscribe or view/modify your preferences/settings. Thank you.

pixel.gifOver many years and many Lotus related videos I've not come across any that called out to my keyboard so loudly to "Say something!".  But that target is so soft, so pitiful in exposing itself"this is me, this is what I am, please love me", so pathetic in its simple, unvarnished revealing of its true soul that I'll make no actual comment. But oh, the temptation, the temptation...................

?data=Y2E9NjM5MjEmY289NzAzMjU5MCZjbD05MTY%3d

Sent from my iPad

In many years of Lotus related videos, I've seen none before that called  out so loudly to my keyboard: "Say something!"  But that target is so soft, so open in its exposing of itself: "this is me, this is what I am, love me for it, please", so pathetic in the open revelation of the true soul beneath its pretty skin - that I'll make no actual comment. But oh, the temptation, the temptation............

Edited by mdavies

17 hours ago, Bibs said:

Are the USB ports mis-labelled?