Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 8 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just received an email informing me that my Emira will now be in production during October, disappointed doesn't come close.  I'm considering telling them to keep it until next March, I've little use for it Nov-Feb.

In the meantime, if something else catches my eye, it will be difficult to resist.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I have just received an (unprompted)  email update on my order - so i assume lots of you will be getting the same email today - check your junk folders!

States a production date now confirmed of October. Does not mention delivery date so i assume this to be November.

I believe I am in the second batch and was originally notified of July production / Aug delivery - so 3 months delay. 

hope this is helpful

4 minutes ago, KennyN said:

I'm considering telling them to keep it until next March, I've little use for it Nov-Feb.

I will definitely be doing this-  but will wait until after the test drives as I might also want to use that delay to make a spec change - if the spec changes results in an even longer delay, then who cares, waited long enough already. Higher risk is for Lotus that too may of us get bored and look elsewhere. Used prices starting to come down now too.

construction and property consultants : My company

10 minutes ago, Beady said:

States a production date now confirmed of October. Does not mention delivery date so i assume this to be November.

Ah. That’s a good point. I read it as October delivery first time around…

Same email for me, I have always been batch 1 and my email reads production October which to mean means November delivery based on what they're said previously. First feeling is that I would delay if not cancel at this point unfortunately. Timings are out for me now

• Gold FFM

I've had my email and have been delayed from August production to October production, so assume that'll be November delivery.

I'm aware some people have been told they are September production and hence likely October delivery.  So I'm no longer Month 1 / Batch 1 and have been delayed more than others, which is presumably something to do with my fully loaded spec (chip supply for Homelink and/or tracker maybe?).  Disappointed to have dropped from one of the first 20 cars into Month 2 and delivery at the start of winter.  Reflecting on what that means I'll do.

• Sad 1

In an unlikely development, the guidance in the email update for my I4 reserved “delivery” has come forward from Q1 2024 to “2023”. But I’m keeping my expectations in check!

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

first batch i4

Your Emira is estimated to be produced in 2023 and we will confirm a production and delivery timing very early in the year. Over the coming months we will of course remain in touch and we will be providing more information regarding financial services, trade-in and insurance products that you may be interested in. 

starting to sound like the new TVR

• Like 1

Same Email for me, so November delivery.

I wonder, if I did delay delivery until March/April, what would happen to the car in the meantime ?

If it's just going to end up stuck in a field somewhere for 5/6 months, then I think I would rather have it sat on my drive.

• Haha 1

I would have thought that if you asked for delayed delivery it would result in a delay to the build to the month before your requested delivery. They don't want to be storing cars either I'd imagine. 

It's worth bearing in mind too that this is the 'every day' Lotus. It's been designed as a daily sports car so will be just fine to drive through the winter, if fact what I do with my Evora without any issues. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

This is at best... We might still not see an Emira this year.

I am just disillusioned.

So what is the magic lottery spec that gets you an actual car in October?

I am Scheduled October so November delivery like Tom.

Magma, black wheels, no black pack, no privacy glass, yellow callipers, alcantara seats and wheel, Sports with Goodyears.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

My Exige was similarly delayed last year, due June, arrived end of October, I asked about taking delivery in spring and was pretty much refused. Gladly we had a mild winter so was able to get some use, but frustrating it spent a lot of time stationary. 

Slightly cheekily I asked if there was anything they could go to 'soften the blow', to which the dealer agreed to honour the original deal of the first inspection service remaining free (which is free anyway) and 1/4 tank of petrol... 

Edited by Matt W

3 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

Pfft.  I don't even have a month, just a year...

Screenshot_20220810-172704_Gmail.jpg

I received the same email having been told two weeks ago that I had a build in December with delivery in January. This has moved to maybe some time in 2023 possibly. 

So no customer cars being built in Sept it seems. My July 10th deposit has now also put me into an Oct build slot. I hope they are not taking a gamble on the parts supply being resolved by Oct and that the cars will actually get built in Oct.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I've seen 4-5 people across various forums who have Sept build and Oct delivery.  Includes people who placed deposits 6-8 July 2021, months after me, but I'm now Nov.

The only factor I can deduce so far is my inclusion of Homelink has delayed my delivery much more than other people's - presumably a chip supply issue?  I have the tracker optioned too, but others with tracker, no Homelink and pre-reveal deposits appear to now be ahead of me with Oct delivery.

Of course if I now try to delete Homelink I will incur a +6 month delay...

• Like 1

Well I got the email stating October build also but the laugh of it is I have never been wanting a V6 and have said i4 all along and even probably wait for better colour choice own spec car!  I was a 2nd day of Goodwood deposit or so.  I was expecting late spring so this was a bit of a shock today!  Mind you I'm warming to accepting a i4 First Edition and compromise on the limited colour palette.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023