Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 13 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

• Gold FFM

I got the two emails today too.  The previous email said they would contact us to give specifics on revised delivery dates and neither of today's emails had that info, just another suggestion they would be in touch in another few days.  I called them and was told my Oct build has now moved to Dec build and hence Jan delivery.

So for the 6th time, about 4-6 weeks before my previously-advised delivery date they've contacted me to push the date back by 2 months.  I'm still significantly out of sequence compared to where my early deposit date should put me, with no explanation.

It looks like about 20-25 UK cars will be delivered in November.  People who were previously Oct build look like they have be split into about 50-70 delivered in December and another 100-150 in January.

• Gold FFM

Surely the build qtys must be ramping up?? This does sound like a farce now - unless of course there car transporters leaving daily with dozens of left hookers on board.

• Like 2

Only here once

It’s a complete shambles, the fact the dealer cars have consistently been 2 weeks away every 2 weeks… how can you not even accurately advise this whilst also delivering customer cars to Czech republic to people who put a deposit down in December.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I suspect it’s a UK approvals issue now.  Lots of LHD cars being built for China and Europe, demo cars appearing in the US.  First batch of RHD cars being shipped to Australia in a week or two. 

UK Auto cars are delayed even more, with some evidence they don’t have type approval yet. 

• Like 1

I'll be my usual self, fooking shambles, shite communications, marketing over reality. Did they rehire Bahahaha by any chance?

Absolutely no excuse for the piss poor comms and organisation. None, but the usual suspects will be on to say how we're being too harsh ..

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I don't think that's deliberate.  There are customers and reviewers in Germany, Belgium, Italy etc who won't be shy about publishing if they have problems.  Some of the early cars in Europe have had issues found during dealer PDI and are being held for rectification before customer handover.

The extra UK delays I think are all due to UK type approval bottlenecks.  The dealer demo cars are all going through IVA/SVA, so each car has to be inspected individually.

• Gold FFM

Lotus say it is - Matt Windle said so in the Harry's Garage video.  UK and EU approvals processes are now separate, EU approval is no longer accepted in the UK and the transition to a new UK arrangement seems to be still mid-process.  But this change has been known about for quite a while.

https://www.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/vehicle-type-approval/national-type-approval-in-the-uk/provisional-gb-scheme/

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TomE said:

The dealer demo cars are all going through IVA/SVA, so each car has to be inspected individually.

Told Hendy this info had been posted, don't think they knew that.

Just had a call from Lotus CC. Delivery delayed another two months. Was June production, then September then completely locked in for October now December production January delivery but no guarantees. 

Not sure I totally buy the UK approvals piece  as I was told by the factory that happened in July - if it didnt then I thought they had to have ADAS. Harrys video shows production going to China…… 

I have never been that concerned about delays if well signalled - I just hope that when the cars appear they have not been put together in such a chaotic way.

We all want Lotus to do well, but this really is straining the loyalty. 

Edited by Woodman
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, TomE said:

Lotus say it is - Matt Windle said so in the Harry's Garage video.  UK and EU approvals processes are now separate, EU approval is no longer accepted in the UK and the transition to a new UK arrangement seems to be still mid-process.  But this change has been known about for quite a while.

https://www.vehicle-certification-agency.gov.uk/vehicle-type-approval/national-type-approval-in-the-uk/provisional-gb-scheme/

If this is the case, then it might be worthwhile for some to explore the option of buying their car in Northern Ireland as it very clearly states NI cars can still use EU type approval. Presumably one can still buy a car in one region of the UK and then use it in all other areas of the UK. This is a GB scheme only.

Doesn't affect me because I decided to go with the last of the old Evora's but all this must be taking the shine off for those with Emira orders. 

1 minute ago, MrBlueSky said:

If this is the case, then it might be worthwhile for some to explore the option of buying their car in Northern Ireland as it very clearly states NI cars can still use EU type approval. Presumably one can still buy a car in one region of the UK and then use it in all other areas of the UK. This is a GB scheme only.

Doesn't affect me because I decided to go with the last of the old Evora's but all this must be taking the shine off for those with Emira orders. 

Is there a Lotus dealer in NI?

After yet more delays I tried an a110 today. Most reviews rate it as the best riding and handling car, just as quick even in base form, more compact, good reliability, looks lovely in a classic way  (emira pretty but not sure how it will age), will be rarer (If they ever deliver planned Elmira’s)  300+kilos lighter, much cheaper, sounds great, cheaper, drove in a very lotus fashion……. Made me think!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlueSky said:

Is there a Lotus dealer in NI?

Sadly no longer a Lotus dealer in NI, and although it would be fantastic to find a good use for the NI protocol, flying pigs come to mind.  Must be the Irish Sea border holding up my checkout call!

2 hours ago, Woodman said:

After yet more delays I tried an a110 today. Most reviews rate it as the best riding and handling car, just as quick even in base form, more compact, good reliability, looks lovely in a classic way  (emira pretty but not sure how it will age), will be rarer (If they ever deliver planned Elmira’s)  300+kilos lighter, much cheaper, sounds great, cheaper, drove in a very lotus fashion……. Made me think!

I think alpine missed a trick with A110. What a shame to deny such a great car a real manual gearbox, especially since it’s easily available in the parts bin they made it from.

• Like 1