Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 21 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, MJON said:

True, but call me old fashioned, I just like to have a relationship with a dealer and buy my cars through them. You buy phones, tablets and Tesla’s on the internet and many other goods to. But a Lotus 😏 I want the car but the experience they are providing is in my opinion totally lacking.

Granted I’ve never bought a new one - but I prefer the car to the ass kissing sales staff.

Only here once

That’s an interesting view on provision of truly good customer service.

• Gold FFM

Once the car arrives, most will largely 'forget' any issues around communication. However, it's a short term forgetfulness because it lodges in your mind as not trusting them going forward even if it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the vehicle.

Lotus need to provide quality service and communications to give people faith that they are competent, which considering their past reputation is critical to future success.

• Like 1

This is exactly my issue with Lotus. I had the same problem with a delayed car and virtually no communication, then it suddenly arrived and in the excitement I even decided to overlook the dealer had put only a tiny bit of fuel in... Anyhow you have a new car and it's exciting and you get on. And then something goes wrong and suddenly you're faced with third rate dealers, no parts and no reply to messages direct to Lotus. Eventually the only way to get mine fixed was paying a local independant who has been brilliant. And then my car went wrong again last week and I'm forced back to the useless dealer network. 

I've been watching what's going on with the Emira and nothing seems to have changed. Lotus has a long long way to go, I wouldn't touch them again. 

Edited by Matt W
  • Like 1

Having agreed my delivery date I got my invoice today...apparently, it's due 7 days after they have agreed to deliver my car.  Customer Services are now attempting to fix the admin error after reconfirming the delivery date over the phone.

It would be nice if just once they managed to get something right, even by accident, they could still claim a win.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

@Graham RidgwayI did consider that approach, but it would only lead to further pain having read the small print...settle all payments at least three business days prior to the day of delivery to avoid unnecessary cancellations and rebooking fees. Business hours are Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 excluding Public Holidays.

• Gold FFM

Have they mentioned about the storage fees if you don't agree to one of the three delivery dates they propose?  After multiple delays, it now seems if we have other commitments and can't take delivery when Lotus want, then we get charged a fee.  If the storage was in a nice temperature controlled and covered warehouse then it wouldn't be so bad, but it's outside on a huge airfield in Oxfordshire.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

@TomE Yes, storage fees were mentioned if I was unable to accept one of the offered dates.  Thankfully, my PPF guy is keen to get on with it and he rearranged other work to accommodate in early Janaury.

12 hours ago, TomE said:

Have they mentioned about the storage fees if you don't agree to one of the three delivery dates they propose?  After multiple delays, it now seems if we have other commitments and can't take delivery when Lotus want, then we get charged a fee.  If the storage was in a nice temperature controlled and covered warehouse then it wouldn't be so bad, but it's outside on a huge airfield in Oxfordshire.

Oooohhh, that's a bit cheeky of Lotus, particularly after 5+ months of delays to date 🤔

Was this mentioned in their T's and C's when you first signed up?

Got a reply via email from Lotus and within this they state that the base (customer specification) i4 is expected for delivery in Q4 2023 (not a surprise given where we are with other cars) but what really got me is they also say it’s not been decided yet if delivery will be in order of deposits placed - seriously!!!!

So someone who placed a deposit at say Goodwood 2022 could in theory get their car before someone like me who placed their deposit at the reveal in 2021.

Loving my Alpine that I bought whilst bored waiting for my Emira and have to say now on the edge of giving up all because of piss poor basic communication.

• Sad 1

I think the problem will be that at some point lotus HAVE to let buyers compare what they get for their money on the FE and what they get if they chose which options to select, and which to leave

If I thought you could get a reasonable i4 for £60K I would be tempted to wait 6 months on my i4FE, but you cannot see what is in and what is not in, and how much options are.  How inflation is running, £60k base car would look VERY good VFM

2 hours ago, Al_C said:

Loving my Alpine that I bought whilst bored waiting for my Emira and have to say now on the edge of giving up all because of piss poor basic communication.

I too bought an Alpine after waiting for the Emira, eventually cancelled my order. It's basically lotus chassis design any way using their old philosophy; "Add lightness" 😃.

Fantastic car, improved somewhat with the Life suspension, geometry and map.

2 hours ago, mneil said:

I too bought an Alpine after waiting for the Emira, eventually cancelled my order. It's basically lotus chassis design any way using their old philosophy; "Add lightness" 😃.

If you weren’t already aware, it was co-developed at Caterham. Which, at the time, was staffed by a few ex-Lotus engineers. 

6 hours ago, mneil said:

Fantastic car, improved somewhat with the Life suspension, geometry and map.

Very tempted to use my £2k Lotus deposit to do the Life upgrades if I do as I suspect cancel.  Your message reads that they make a significant difference?

wrong forum I guess 😂

Come on Lotus get your act together and stop me thinking of other plans…

On 14/12/2022 at 22:40, Al_C said:

Your message reads that they make a significant difference

😂

Certainly does, but don't take my word for it, have a look on the link to access Life tuning and read the reviews from auto car, Evo etc.

https://life110.co.uk/

Edited by mneil
predictive

Thanks for the link. Did a few bits to my Evora in the past and this info certainly makes it tempting to do so again.

indeed part of my reason for choosing the Emira i4 is based on what I feel the potential may be for unlocking that engine to greater things.

The fear and what holds me back on the Alpine is unlike the Evora these are new cars under warranty and to lose that warranty could be an expensive mistake

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

Why do you need more power? There's more than enough of it in an Evora or an Alpine. And I suspect the Emira too, whether the V6 or the i4 😐

Yes the Alpine is not underpowered but for a fraction of the price of upgrading to a later S model, you can have the more lively performance, have a more controlled ride (side to side and front to back pitch under acceleration and braking) without the undue harsh ride of the S.

My launch edition NA Evora wasn't underpowered with 275bhp but it did have the "add lightness" . I had a demo in an S, when that was launched and thought it did have that extra bit of "get-up and go" , a more controlled ride without being excessively harsh, despite carrying an extra 50kgs or so with the super charger.

I could well be inclined to demo an i4 Emira but at 1700+kgs, it's a heavy beast 😃.

Having had 600bhp monsters and all the way to the 250bhp in my Alpine I totally agree that power isn’t everything. It’s about the way the car drives and flows and ultimately for me whether it puts a smile on my face and gives me fun down a favourite B Road.

For me it’s about finding the sweet spot between that drivability on the road without it just feeling like a rocket ship, but still having enough to not be embarrassed by the Tesla Model 3 I’m trying to overtake.

Re Emira i4 no-ones driven it yet and perhaps 360bhp will be that sweet spot. I like though that there is probably scope for quite a bit more if required or wanted.