Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
UK Politics Thread - Page 6 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

UK Politics Thread

Barrykearley

5 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

It always amazes me that ministers (and indeed politicians) appear not to have any qualifications that make them suited to the task. I mean, if I were to apply for a job, then there's a reasonable expectation by any prospective employer that I (a) have the necessary qualifications, (b) that I have half an idea of what the job entails and (c) would be reasonably competent at it. Yet, clueless ministers are handed portfolios willy-nilly. As a result they can cock up one portfolio, and get shuffled round to another one to do, well, pretty much the same all over again. History is littered with disastrous ministers, and I seem to recall Jeremy Hunt was not that brilliant when he was health secretary.

As for the new PM, she needs to do the decent thing and resign, putting the country before her career and reputation (which, in case she hasn't noticed, has just gone over Beachy Head). 

I know several CEOs, many CFOs and an unimaginable number of half twit senior managers who despite failing your tests seem to have convinced some other half twits they were a good fit for the job. Being incompetent or out of your depth in a puddle, is not the preserve of politicians, unfortunately 

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I know several CEOs, many CFOs and an unimaginable number of half twit senior managers who despite failing your tests seem to have convinced some other half twits they were a good fit for the job. Being incompetent or out of your depth in a puddle, is not the preserve of politicians, unfortunately 

Yes, couldn’t agree more.

• Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.

The truth is the rot started with Blair, followed by the clown Brown, and then Blair got in again, but changed his name to Cameron.

Wait till after Christmas when the strikes start up, its going to be shit.

• Like 2

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Got to go further back than that, “Sunny Jim” Callaghan demonstrated dramatically how far he was away from any sense of reality.

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

MJK for PM. 

Hell, I'd make him Sovereign, Duke of Kimbers next in line..

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Well, I think she'll be gone by the start of next week at this rate. Then what do they do? Just dump Rishi or Hunt in the top spot without a vote or go to a GE?

A GE is going to take a while, be a mess and make the economy even more unstable, but nobody has any faith that the Tories could organise, well, a vote in parliament apparently!

Prepare for more flailing around for a while. Just put Boris back, he may have been covered in more dirt than your average Welsh rally stage but he's looking like a star turn next to 'ol Liz. She's really Trussed it all up hasn't she!

• Haha 1

Can't get any worse????  Johnson must return if Truss resigns - Dorries Tweets

One person was elected by the British public with a manifesto and a mandate until January ‘25. If Liz Truss is no longer PM there can be no coronation of previously failed candidates. MPs must demand return of

- if not it has to be leadership election or a GE.

Have to reluctantly agree about an election ,however now would be the worst possible time to have one. We need stability more than anything right now

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, pete said:

Have to reluctantly agree about an election ,however now would be the worst possible time to have one. We need stability more than anything right now

I agree Pete, this is not a good time for a GE. We'll just cause more problems on the markets and for longer.

The best solution is if the Tories can find an adult who can keep things on an even keel for a while.

• Gold FFM

I think Dorries, and many other people and politicians, especially in opposition, need to go back to school on how our democracy works. 'The people' did not elect Boris. They elected a representative, enough of those were elected that there was a majority and that majority have a leader elected by their party who then becomes PM.

The PM can change often, they don't have a mandate directly from the people at all.

Now, what I would question is why the conservative party members vote for a leader, it should be the MPs who have been elected to speak for their constituents. The riffraff in the party membership truly have no real part to play or mandate to get involved.

Boris Johnson is among MPs said to be considering bids but Chancellor Jeremy Hunt has ruled himself out.

Well well, Scary Face (LT) has finally gone so Basil Brush (KS) and the Fish (NS) want an election, now that’s a surprise 🙄

After I stated last week that Basil gave a decent speech & warning to Labour MPs not to fcuk up the opportunity the party had been presented with, he has shown his leadership class by trying to fcuk it up himself. Always banging on about the same subject “let’s have a GE” & he accuses the Tories of having nothing new. Does he really believe that a Labour Govt with him as PM will calm the World’s markets & stabilise the UKs economy. A guy who has never offered anything other than constant schoolboy criticism 

As for the Fish, well words fail me, another one who can only continually beat the same drum.

• Like 1

All this bollocks about “stability”! Tory supporters cannot expect that after what their Party has now done. A GE is the only way forward. “Dear oh dear” as the King said. Still at least Liz Trump apparently gets £115k p.a. for life just for her 45 days as PM. Result.

• Thanks 1