Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 hours ago, jep said:

No CGT is partly why cars have become a popular investment. Particularly rarer cars EG: GTO, F1, CGT, Enzo, F40 etc....etc...

I (obviously mistakenly) thought that CGT exemption was for older cars, not modern ones.

Surely if they've been used for business purposes then CGT applies? Although in this case it's probably an individual punter rather than a business

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

No capital gains on things that are wasting assets. 

So no CGT then on wimmin 🤣

It was suggested today that one of the Emira's for sale has sold - but the yellow one is still listed. So was there another one. The indication was that this was over £100k

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

There was one auctioned on Motorway today, so only visible to registered traders.  Sold for £85k and I expect will appear on a dealer site for around £95-100k.

45 minutes ago, TomE said:

There was one auctioned on Motorway today, so only visible to registered traders.  Sold for £85k and I expect will appear on a dealer site for around £95-100k.

Did it sell tho? 

• Gold FFM

Apparently yes it sold.  There were a dozen people bidding on it and it went over the reserve.  You may know more from the trade side, I'm going on info from someone who knows one of the bidders.

Yes it did sell, I know who won but also that the seller doesn’t grasp an auction and might decline to part with it! Find out next week. Wonder who other bidders were and interesting didn’t make £££’s over they perhaps thought it would

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Two of those adverts are just dealers fishing for pre-orders, they're not specific cars.  The third one suggests it's a specific car but says the exterior colour is Black, so can't be a real First Edition.

Yellow one has gone from AT, but another...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211211882071   but no regno etc, looks like pr shots? still 105k. in Durham.

On 19/11/2022 at 13:59, JB said:

And Cigars😉

High end watches are an excellent investment apparently. Not my thing at all. Interesting pawn shop programme on TV the other day. A guy had bought a dozen or so Rolex watches in the previous 6 years at a cost of £262k. He was offered £565k for the collection by a pawn broker. Sorry for the thread drift.

If you read on @exeterjeep it looks like the seller has it up before it’s even completed “December build January delivery”. Blatant speculation? May have always been the case or hasn’t got the funds or just now see’s a quick win  🤑🤑🤑

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

Yellow one has gone from AT, but another...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211211882071   but no regno etc, looks like pr shots? still 105k. in Durham.

Those are stills from the configurator.  Car not yet delivered, coming in January.  The seller has decided not to take the car after their test drive and is flipping it rather than cancelling. 

Think Lotus will not supply the people flipping them another car! Interesting that the yellow one is now on collecting cars.

People selling their car that is not here yet are assuming Lotus don't get wind and cancel their order!! That would be embarrassing to sell your not built car only to find you won't actually get it!!!

1 hour ago, philnotts said:

Looks like some shill bidding going on there unless I'm very much mistaken 🤔