Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 11 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

There's some chat about that here Chris :)

Also, Emira V6 FE on 0% interest for stock cars - offer just posted by Lotus Ashford...

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/joe-holman-1b2446148_lotus-emira-forthedrivers-activity-7166485717144047616-N5Lq?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_desktop

1708621683391.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Will it be remembered as a success?

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 3 months later...

I may be in full man-maths mode but I took a look at B&Cs forecourt yesterday and even Mrs 111R got a bit tempted. My Evora S was £45k second hand and lost £1k in two years. Therefore spending big cost me next to nothing, even the insurance was half that of my Elise! 

Now, the Emira is stunning but....how likely am I to take a hit here? A lightly used one seems sensible and on a PCP (which are all a punchy 9%) is a potential target but I am not sure if an Evora 410 is a better place to put my money, even if I don't really want another one (as much has I loved mine before).

5 hours ago, Bibs said:

Harry's selling up...

Already? Blimey, I thought this was meant to be a ‘last of it’s kind, keep it forever’ kind of car for him. Hence getting everyone to sign it etc etc

No doubt he’s made a video about why he is selling up so soon. 

Yeh right....it's just video content to Harry. 

Brilliant business model, full kudos to him. Own fantastic cars, all tax deductible and earn some pennies too. 

And have a working farm that's IHT exempt. 

Style. 

On 28/05/2024 at 21:47, Frimley111R said:

I may be in full man-maths mode but I took a look at B&Cs forecourt yesterday and even Mrs 111R got a bit tempted. My Evora S was £45k second hand and lost £1k in two years. Therefore spending big cost me next to nothing, even the insurance was half that of my Elise! 

Now, the Emira is stunning but....how likely am I to take a hit here? A lightly used one seems sensible and on a PCP (which are all a punchy 9%) is a potential target but I am not sure if an Evora 410 is a better place to put my money, even if I don't really want another one (as much has I loved mine before).

Seems a shame you are considering an Evora 410 just because it might be a better place to put your money. The Emira looks like a great car so if you think its right for you then why not. And I say that as an Evora 410 owner.

Its a bit of a self fulfulling profecy. If everyone holds off getting an Emira because they are scared to loose value, then the cars are going to drop in value. All these Emira's sitting on forecourts need to be out spreading the love.

• Like 1

I suppose so but these are fairly big numbers when buying at around the £50-£70k level and losing a big chunk in depreciation. That has to be a consideration for me. If I knew that an Emira would only lose a few thousand a year I could take that but, like any car of that value, even small percentages in depreciation amount to a lot in £ terms.

The Evora, Exige and Elise CUP 250 all seem to have very strong residuals which make the financial decisions easier, but technically, the Emira is the best (I appreciate they are quite different from the Exige/Elise). Ideal cars are an Exige 410 and Emira but both are around £70k. The Exige will loose less, probably nothing. The Emira looks amazing.

First world problems eh?

On 31/05/2024 at 16:57, Frimley111R said:

I suppose so but these are fairly big numbers when buying at around the £50-£70k level and losing a big chunk in depreciation. That has to be a consideration for me. If I knew that an Emira would only lose a few thousand a year I could take that but, like any car of that value, even small percentages in depreciation amount to a lot in £ terms.

The Evora, Exige and Elise CUP 250 all seem to have very strong residuals which make the financial decisions easier, but technically, the Emira is the best (I appreciate they are quite different from the Exige/Elise). Ideal cars are an Exige 410 and Emira but both are around £70k. The Exige will loose less, probably nothing. The Emira looks amazing.

First world problems eh?

Totally get your point.

I happened to be passing Parks Lotus in Hamilton today and dropped in for a look.

Had just taken a delivery of Emira so plenty on the forecourt. I must say I'm really warming to it. Looks fab. My choice would be a Nimbus with Nappa Tan and silver wheels. Looked very classy especially next to several Maserati MC250 at x3 times the price. They were also talking about interest free being introduced.

Hope you can get the outcome that works best for you.

On 30/05/2024 at 20:08, Bravo73 said:

Already? Blimey, I thought this was meant to be a ‘last of it’s kind, keep it forever’ kind of car for him. Hence getting everyone to sign it etc etc

No doubt he’s made a video about why he is selling up so soon. 

I did notice in his video of the RR Spectre, the Emira was still in the background, but in the AMG GT review this week, the Emira is gone. It might be that with summer coming, he'll not be driving the Emira any more anyway... 

Expect to see a final wash-up video to be posted about 10 minutes after the car actually sells... though it's had a haircut in price already:

image.png.237a7d7249398ab436f61ab1ae977977.png

• 2 weeks later...

With Lotus doing the 0% finance on new built cars they should start moving some of their stock, great offer saving thousands in interest even if the list price is higher. 

Future wish list - Exige V6

Hi all, I haven't been on here for ages, I still have an Esprit SE (13 years now) and I've had a nissan gtr for 3 years which I've just had an offer on I might accept. Gtr has bene a great experience of playstation driving in real life but after a few years I want to be in a modern manual that makes some noise, pure speed is just too fast for the road after a GTR and the EV's take the win even though they have no soul.

I'm thinking the over stock of emiras at the minute is a good time to buy, I thought being the last manual v6 petrol engined British built lotus it'll be something to keep a few years while stock dries up and they become harder to find and values hold in the 60s then maybe go up as people find the 4cyl auto a little dissconnected from driving (like a GTR).

I've got a bucket list of cars but depreciation is something I've been lucky to avoid so far. 

I fancied a yellow evora 410 /430 but there not popping up for sale anymore and after seeing the emiras on the road I was practically dribbling following one on the m6 recently.

What's your thoughts on emiras holding in the 60s or equal / above the last of the evoras? 

Is there something I've missed in reliability or bad press on the emira emira? I'm gonna carry on the threads now to see.

On 04/06/2024 at 08:21, ewand said:

I did notice in his video of the RR Spectre, the Emira was still in the background, but in the AMG GT review this week, the Emira is gone. It might be that with summer coming, he'll not be driving the Emira any more anyway... 

Expect to see a final wash-up video to be posted about 10 minutes after the car actually sells... though it's had a haircut in price already:

image.png.237a7d7249398ab436f61ab1ae977977.png

Well, Harry's Emira didn't last long at that price and the new car to replace it has broken cover...

I'm reading between the lines here, and he doesn't "believe" in the new Lotus direction. But rightly he adores the styling of the Emira.

He's got out of the Emira now, in an attempt to minimise his future losses as he see's the price going only one way. The 650S will probably stick at £100k for the next 10 years.

He was spot on in his appraisal of the Eletre (apologies to any owners) too.

To be honest, there have been quite a few who've bought an Emira, then flipped it on fairly quickly. The car does look fantastic, but it doesn't seem to be "clicking" or connecting with owners the way other Lotus cars have done.

Just my assessment of the video and his words.

I think that by "detuning" (i.e. not going up from the outgoing Evora's 410bhp) and softening the car at launch, the Emira has the looks but not the go to go with it. On a road, the speed differential between a 410 Evora and a 400 Emira is nowt. Zero. Nothing. But I think the fantastic styling is leaving people just wanting, well, a bit more.

That, and the agency model debacle, the price increases, the delays and the faults and issues. Well........

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Totally agree with all you said @Al.

Lotus owners were always going to get the Emira, and the lack of a power rise (wasn't that long ago a Porsche GT3 had around 360-380 horses!). The way the Emira was always going to drive would have been enough.

However, for a lot of new to the brand "enthusiasts", Top Trumps and "brand recognition", or in other words, will they guys with the small winkies at the golf club be impressed, was always going to be more important.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!