Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Price increase - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Price increase

New Emira

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The price increase doesn't apply to existing orders.

However, your Emira reservation will not be affected by this increase, we can confirm your reservation has been price protected.

Edit.

Just seen the post on the other thread, it looks like it might depend on order date ?

Edited by JohnGB
  • Like 1

I got the note but it says my order isn’t impacted by an increase so it must depend on when they got orders.  I checked out on the car yesterday by chance. n confirm your reservation has been price protecte

• Gold FFM

Mine says I am affected- i4 first deposit Goodwood Thursday 2021 - queried......🤬

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

Can delivered (checked out?) before 30th May get the original price.  Anything after that (so that's all i4s I assume) have the higher price.

I'm going to give myself a few days to think but price increase combined with PCP interest rate increases combined with my 911 being an annoyingly good car (sorry to post on a Lotus forum) means it's gone from being some man maths to impossible to justify. 

Screenshot2023-02-15at11_13_28.thumb.png.afe399a1c9b5591ea6ba5f2af2200024.png

• Gold FFM

Poor comms in my opinion.  When I read my email, I was led to believe that the price of mine had increased.  However, the end of para 2 above is omitted. So now I can't be sure.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I'm confused, are they saying the price is increasing based on the build date, which has been proven to have nothing to do with the deposit date?  If so, isn't this the exact opposite of what the MD stated on the record some time ago?

I can see a few people getting lucky if the ~8% increase leads to a flurry of cancellations.

the MD statement was

I commit to you that these costs will not be passed on to you, the price you are being quoted will be the price you pay for your emira. That is a promise
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Yes promise broken my deposit has been down 18 months. They haven’t even updated their records to show that I cancelled the order at the end of last week over concerns regarding build quality. Complete shambles.

AD1A5E99-20AC-4EA4-9312-835AC1221EEF.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

This is a poor show for those whose deposit date was/will not be honoured.  It makes the £5k premium on flipped cars seem like decent value.  As time went on, it was looking like the £60k base price was likely to be unattainable, but this feels wrong for those who have kept the faith this long.

Selfishly, it can only help shore up the value of my car for a bit longer.  Not that it's for sale, it needs fixing first!

Lotus 2.0 - promises mean nothing and nothing is guaranteed. They really are doing a crap job on comms and it just feels like it is being made up as they go along.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

If I had ordered a i4 then I would be annoyed and probably cancel, but my V6 order is safe with build date this month and my email says that I am NOT affected by the increase. So the 60k Emira has never and will never arrive but the prices were always going to have to increase at some point but bad timing for some folk with early i4 orders.

• Like 2

My vehicle was due to be built in November, I asked for a delay as having the car over the winter held no interest to me. Pushing back the intended build date has caused me to suffer a frankly unacceptable price rise. I’m not angry, more disappointed.

My other half bought a 15k Dacia, the Comms and buying experience excelled Lotus in every single measure. Was the vehicle delayed? Yes but we were kept informed. Spending five times the amount I would expect far far better.

I will possibly revisit in a few years time or buy second hand. 

Deposit placed at time of the launch of the car just when I was about to buy another used Evora.  What attracted me was the entry price point and my intention from the beginning was always to have the base spec with a few options.

The price was announced and Lotus took the deposit on that basis.  There were no t&c’s stating that this was subject to increase.

Great way to get publicity and interest by announcing a price you will never honour.

Breaking sales contracts a great way to destroy all the value that was being built in the brand.

Suspect the waiting list is going to become much shorter.

• Like 2

Got to smile as I had my test drive earlier today 😏. Not really surprised, this increase was inevitable, if I’d have stuck with V6 I would have been inside the time window. With Porsche your final price is subject to any increases until lockdown, which is usually 3 months before delivery. So on say a 911S and several GTS models, you typically have up to 21 months exposure. Higher up the food chain even greater. Those that have been given delivery dates inside the time window, to find the factory has since delayed should be treated fairly. Would certainly challenge them on this.

• Like 2

This is crap for the i4 customers :( I don't blame them on the V6 depositors though if someone's delivery is scheduled for before 1st June 23 this surely captures everyone who was keen for the car in the first month open for orders? There had to be a cut off point somewhere