Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 236 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A rerun like that could get a good audience. 🙂

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I don't think they would say that...........

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I found one of those Star Trek pictures really quite attractive and that is really messing with my head this afternoon!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

I'd have a huge appreciation if they did an Enterprise/Millennium Falcon one.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Nah, that's weirder than my Falcon fetish.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Apologies for this, but the is title "Random pictures and videos" :)

How may of you watched it until then end :)

Unlike most (all?) other members here I've actually been to Arua, and this video is a load of bollocks.  I had to laugh at the number of porkers in the video and the "city" in the background - all cobblers.

I was responsible for the Y2K project for the Danish Embassy in Uganda and had to visit every location where the embassy had funded a PC., which meant I had to visit the council offices court in Arua - carrying my handy (which weighty a ton) petrol generator, just in case there was no power. I flew up to Arua with MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship) - if there were any nuns, priests or similar on board, a prayer was said, which was a bit disconcerting. The MAF flight had to go off to deliver other passengers (the nuns etc.) to their destinations, and I had around 2 hours to do my stuff and be back at the airport (dirt strip with a building).

How to get to town. Ah there's a Pici-Pici - translation a bicycle with a a bit of padding over the read wheel. much cheaper than a Boda-Boda - a scooter version (*). That'll do me - up hill to the centre of town :)

Got to the court, did my stuff - if I remember correctly, the PC was running Windows 3.1, so took 5 minutes to analyse, and was mostly incompatible, so I stuck a red sticker on it, and got paid 100 USD for the pleasure. The embassy covered all the travel costs as well. The downhill back to the airfield was very fast. Until the return journey back to Kampala.

I don't think I claimed for the to and fro to the airfield as it was maybe 0.5 USD each way.

In the 1990s it was dangerous to travel by road up-country in Uganda - Look at a map of Uganda, see the river Nile and Lake Kyoga (looked like a crocodile on Uganda TV weather maps), anything to the north was out of bounds. and the embassy would pay for flights. Great way to see the country for "free".

Another journey I went to Gulu, and had sole use of the aircraft, so I took my house girl with me. She had never flown before (or since probably) so a nice day out, and something to tell the family. Was OK on the way there, although we had to wait at Entebbe for a while for the thunderstorms to clear,. However on the way back, the storms came back with a vengeance, and the pilot climbed to 13000 ft (I think) to try to fly over, but no chance, saw gap in the clouds to dived and spiralled to get down low, and I have never gone from high to low so quickly - had to try to explain to my house girl to keep swallowing to equalise the pressures, - then we had a really bumpy underneath the storms back to Entebbe.

(*) boda-boda originally comes from the bicycles that were available to transport passengers from the Kenyan Border to the Ugandan Border at Busia - hence the shortening to Boda-Boda. In Kampala, manual cycle taxis are known as Pici-Pici rather then boda-boda, but up-country I guess they are both known as Boda-Boda.

Don't get me wrong, Uganda is a fantastic country. and I would recommend it to everyone for a holiday. 

We went back over last Christmas for the first time since 2005 as a trial for the kids (half Ugandan, brought up here) and they loved it

PM me if you are interested and I can point you to where to go/stay

• Like 2

It is very lush, 3 crops a year. 20% of the country is water. on the equator, but at an altitude (in Kampala) of 3500 ft - and temperature of 25-27 every day of the year. 

Uganda was never a colony, but a protectorate, so there was never a large population of British. Those that were there were in administration, government or railways etc. Business was organised by the Asians who were originally employed to build the Uganda railway - or the lunatic line - great book 

English is the first language, and very well spoken all over the country. Everyone is very friendly. 

Here's another book to read about the history of the are The White Nile