Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 167 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Renault 5 Gordini/Turbo yours as well?

Phase 1 GT Turbo, 1986. Bought it sight unseen in 2014. Brilliant car, lightweight and awesome handling....sound familiar?

Justin 

• Like 1

On 16/10/2008 at 08:37, rogerch said:

I've had a good day, I took the docs advice and did some writing, a story about a young guy who becomes an assassin inspired by his own dishonest family who he murders first!

I expect you all to buy a copy when it's published!

Roger :wub:

An ex colleague of mine wrote and self published his first book. I bought a copy and really enjoyed it. He's written a few others since and is a happy bugger!

Best wishes and I'll happily buy a copy and read it. It will probably surprise some people that I can actually read. Spelling... Well, that's a different sqill.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, Kimbers said:

Picking up my resprayed Evora tonight. All Alloys done, splitter and side Board painted  Gloss instead of the matt they were. Front end reprayed where laquer was lifting. Gonna take her to head Office in the morning, nice little 300 mile round trip!!

PICTURES!!!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Not picked it up yet! Gimme a chance!!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

You'll barely notice the difference, except you'll be busier from now on.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Last day at work! :animier:

you are too young. congratulations

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Very nice. I had my front resprayed after fixing the splitter - got 3 stone chips already 😭😭

Now debating whether I should wrap the whole car purple, or respray.

Who did the work? Seems decent to me - no orange peel etc 

He's a sole trader fred in a shed....... however he was also one of Dads top painters for 20 years at Lotus :)

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

Looking good mate. Bet it feels like a new car all over again. 😊👍

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Has anyone seen that Yani on Dave channel he has You tube channel where he reviewed a liquid vinyl application 

goes on like a paint but can be peeled off later if you want to change or restore back to original ? 

I am having my alloys re-sprayed to gloss black but not convinced it will be a great job as it’s insurance paid job so a man in a big van doing it?

would  have prefer to have it done at proper alloy workshop where it would been  done properly but as alloy insurance  is funding it I am stuck with man in van 

4 minutes ago, Cdm2018 said:

I am having my alloys re-sprayed to gloss black but not convinced it will be a great job as it’s insurance paid job so a man in a big van doing it?

would  have prefer to have it done at proper alloy workshop where it would been  done properly but as alloy insurance  is funding it I am stuck with man in van 

My Alloys were professionally sand blasted, treated and Powder coated Gloss black. Looks awesome and was £50 a wheel + £10 to refit tyres and rebalance.

All that respraying....considering he had to take it back to gel coat because some of the chips were to base.....and alloys were £1100.

I've just had my IT consultant contract extended from the end of September for another year (done three months + ten of the first twelve so far). There's no such thing as job security any more, even as an employee so this is great news today and has made me very happy!

• Like 2

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

My Alloys were professionally sand blasted, treated and Powder coated Gloss black. Looks awesome and was £50 a wheel + £10 to refit tyres and rebalance.

All that respraying....considering he had to take it back to gel coat because some of the chips were to base.....and alloys were £1100.

Yes I wished mine were done this method but I am stuck between a rock and hard place having to use the insurance company agents 

I am going to take a gamble and hope the spray technique they use will not suffer until a couple of years have passed as I need to get all brake disks & pads changed after summer ☹️☹️

6 hours ago, Bibs said:

It's your legal right to use any repairer on your car, don't let them strong arm you into a sub standard job Clive.

https://www.motorclaimguru.co.uk/consumer-rights-for-a-motor-claim

Cheers Bibs

yes I should have argued the toss but the alloys cover I got from Snows looks like it just for accidental repairs so getting them to do a respray was pushing the limit of the cover however I think the next time I will stand my ground 

also the guy due tomorrow and I didn’t want leave it as the alloys were badly chipped when I attended lotus in peaks last month 

• Gold FFM

Sun is beating down and it’s Half day Friday 😊👍

Lotus time 😁

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Bit nerdy/sad but got an email back from my local council, being passed around between 5 people, I'm making progress on being able to dig out a wild tree or two in my local woodlands.

Anyone who does Bonsai or enjoys plants will know this is going to be awesome. 

The best part - "we will aim to reply within 10 working days" it's an email?! How hard can it be?!